1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Gun Stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Flinch king, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flinch king

Flinch king Member

Hello everyone,
    Has anyone ever tried to replace a gun stock off of a 12 guage 1100 and put it on a 20 guage 1100. The back of the stock and the reciever looks close to being the same size. I have a trap stock that I would like to mount on my 20 guage and use for sporting clays, but don't know if it will fit.
    Thanks for the info,
    Brian Seibert

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

As long as its a Std Weight 20, it'll go right on. If its a LT or LW, the stock will be very proud of the receiver and will take some work to re-inlet the stock.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Skeet_man is right. If I was looking for a Monte Carlo stock for an 1100 20 LT, I use a Remington 7400 stock. That would fit the smaller LT frame.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Good point Bob, forgot about that one.

Did you have to drill out the stock bolt/tube hole (like you'd have to do on the early model 870 stocks to use them on an 1100) or was it good to go as-is.

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I have not done it, but I understand it is minor fitting only.

6. Flinch king

Flinch king Member

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean about the 7400 stock. Is that a model or a stock number. I've never heard of a model 7400 shotgun before, so I'm confused. I know that the 20 guage is a LT model. The one post stated that a small amount of fitting will need to be done. The other post talked about the bolt hole. Is that what they are talking about? I thought that maybe there is a different in the back of the reciever area.

Great info - keep it coming!

Brian Seibert

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The 7400 is an auto loading high power rifle and its stock will fit the LT 20ga, no problem.

8. vatrap

vatrap Member

Try this , it's a plastic stock but others are available as well.

http://www.shopremingtoncountry.com/Remington-Model-Synthetic-Monte-Fore-End/dp/B000P8UR50?ie=UTF8&id=Remington%20Model%20Synthetic%20Monte%20Fore-End&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&field_availability=-1&field_browse=3062887011&searchSize=12&searchNodeID=3062887011&searchPage=1&searchKeywords=7400&field_keywords=7400&class=quickView&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Cprice%2Csize_name%2Ccolor_map&searchRank=salesrank

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.