1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

remington 1100 g3 ( performance ?)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by battuedave, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battuedave

battuedave Member

How do these guns perform with target loads ?

Thank you in advance for any info

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Dave,

They are the same as the Competition 1100, but without the nitride receiver. The one plus is that they are available with a 28" barrel.

The Competition that I shot was a smooth dude. They make a great sporting gun.

ss

3. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

Smooth as silk these days. When I first bought the gun I experienced several "stove pipes" and went through numerous O rings. Polishing the gas ports solved that problem. (small burrs) During waterfowl season I routinely go from 3" Black Cloud to 1145 fps STS with no problems.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I introduced a new shooter to trap this past spring. He started with a brand new G3 right out of the box. He's shooting well with it. As with all of us he has up and downs but it's not the gun. He has shot some Sporting and Wobble with it. No malfunctions, still on the original o-ring. I would recomend this gun. Competition gun.........No. Informal all around.......Yes. I'm a huge Remington fan when it comes to my field guns. With all respect to the G3, it's just a glorified field gun with a big price tag. Some of their competition autos I wouldn't call competition guns either. I own a

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Sorry, don't know what happened. I'm not impressed with a Sporting 12 I own. Would not recommend one. Barrel and forend loosen up too easily. Know 20 gaugers and 410 ers with the same issue. Solved that issue by buying a Beretta 391 Sporting. Night and day better gun. Should have done that to beguin with knowing how much I like my 391 Optima Trap I use as a back up gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to shoot trap with remington 1100 g3