1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 forearm

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Surfside6, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surfside6

Surfside6 TS Member

Good evening,
    I recently bought a Hastings barrel for my 1100. The forearm will not go over the barrel. Is there something I can do, or should it go to a gunsmith. Thanks, Tom

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Check the Remington Country store on the internet. They had standard 1100 forearms for less than $40. I don't know if they are still in stock. You must have an 1100 with a light contour barrel. If you want to you can carefully enlarge the fore arm with a dremel tool or something similar until you get a correct fit.

3. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Tom,

Standard Contour barrels are about .075 larger in diameter than Light/Target contour barrels just in front of the gas cylinder (barrel hanger). The difference is not as much as the barrel tapers back towards the chamber. You will need to acquire a standard contour fore end for the Hastings barrel or sand the barrel channel in your current fore end. If you sand your current fore end, it will not fit well with your Light/Target contour barrel.

All the old press checkered fore ends are Standard contour. The newer cut-checkered fore ends may be Light or Standard contour.

To open up a Light/Target contour fore end you will need a wooden dowel about the diameter of your barrel and several different grits of sand paper. Most of the sanding will be in the solid part of the fore end, but the narrow edges on either side will need some sanding. Take it easy, sand a bit and try, sand a bit and try. You need to sand enough so that the fore end slides on with very little resistance, but not take too much. You will need to reseal the raw surface, any wood sealer will be fine as the barrel channel does not show once installed.

Michael

4. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

If you don't want to cannibalize your original, email or PM me your address and I'll dig one out of storage and send it to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 standard contour forearm on a light contour barrel

remington 1100 will a standard forearm fit with a target contour barrel

remington light contour forearm

will a new 1100 forearm fit an old 1100