1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 fore end weights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Acer, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acer

Acer TS Member

Where can I find the weights that screw onto the fore end of 1100's. Thanks, Johnny Whidden

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have one that I never used , don`t know the maker but it`s heavy and has another screw off cap that maybe you can add still more weight . Yours for $20 plus shipping fron NJ

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If you mean one like on my 1100 (bottom gun in the photo below), contact C&H Research, the maker of mercury recoil reducers.

Ed

[​IMG]

4. missemucho

missemucho Member

Fill a couple of empty shells with shot, secure the opening and put them in the top of the magazine tube. Cheap and gives the same result.
    John

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Instead of using hulls filled with shot, you can cast some lead cylinders and place them in the front of the mag tube. And you can put some in the butt stock to keep the gun balanced. HMB

6. vatrap

vatrap Member

ljutic111,

Let me know if Johnny doesn't take it off your hands, I will.

Mike

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Mike , No calls yet ?? I will get the name of the manufacturer of it tomorrow night at the range .

8. vatrap

vatrap Member

ljutic111,

Give him a day or two to respond, I don't want to jump in front of him.

If it looks like the ones in the pictures below, let me know. They are factory Remington models.

Mike
    [​IMG]

Mike

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Mike , the weight looks similar . It came from Numrich Gun Parts in NY a few years ago . They only have a S/W weight in stock now . I don`t know who made this one but it`s a total of 2 7/8 in long . End cap has a 3/4 in opening maybe to add more weight . I slipped a 20ga wad in so maybe a 28 ga hull can be added with some shot if needed . I can take it to the post office and they can weight this one . Just want what I paid for it - $20 - since I never used it but I put it on to try the balance and it felt good .

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Just back from the PO and it weighs 7.5 oz. Unfortunately the fellow called me and since he knew I was selling it, he wants it back. Sorry guys. Still have the Spears Release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fore end weights for 1100 remington

remington 1100 fore end weight