1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 fitted luggage cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kyskeet, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyskeet

kyskeet Member

I purchased two Remington 1100 fitted luggage style cases. Neither of my standard length 1100s will fit in the case with the forearm and the magazine cap installed on the gun. In order to fit the gun in the case I must remove the mag cap. Anyone else experience this. Both guns have origional stocks as well as origional recoil pads. I can use them this way, I have just always seen automatics transported in cases with the forearm and mag cap installed.

2. Borderland

Borderland Member

Maybe the addition of a thicker recoil pad made them too long ???

3. kyskeet

kyskeet Member

Both gun still have the factory recoil pad. If the case was designed for 1100s with a butt plate that might explain the fit issue.

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

Those cases wew designed for the G3. trap guns are a little longer. I had to
    slice the felt and remove the spacer that the pad sits against, then reglue the felt. That gives you a half inch. Why not store the mag cap in the storage compartment, after all you have to take it off anyway to install the barrel.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 fitted case