1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 1100 competition

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tim ore, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim ore

tim ore Member

has anyone had any experience with a 1100 comp, better, worse, difference between a regular 1100 trap. Thanks Tim

2. Landshark

Landshark Member

I would add one to my 1100 collection as I hear they are great autos, but Remington won't make one with a 28" Pro Bore barrel. How stupid is that?

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a 28 inch probore barrel from an 1100 G3 that I could swap with you for the 30 inch. JM

4. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I own 2, one from 2006 and the other from 2008. One I use for Doubles and Sporting Clays, the other I use for Singles and as a back-up. I've never needed the second for back-up.

I really like the Nickel-Teflon coating, it is easier to clean, care for and I believe that having it on the magazine tube and action bar makes them more jam-free than standard 1100's.

I would estimate that I have around >35,000 rounds thru #1, and about >20,000 thru #2. I've swapped both the barrels on my Comp's for standard 1100CT Target barrels to help balance the guns to my liking.

When I got the first gun I did some patterning and decided that the Pro-bore didn't really do anything that special. But, it did add some weight way out front. the results surprised me, since I've really come to like Browning's over-bored bbl system.

I'd buy another, if the right deal came along. Just my personal experience.

Kip

5. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

The new one is offered with a adjustable comb stock and a rad auto buster

6. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I've had both the wood stocked Competition and, with the addition of Ken Rucker's Auto Buster on the Jack West stock, Pro Combo stock system, the new Synthetic Competition. The standard weighed 8-10 out of the box and certainly had a weight forward bias. The Syn Comp weighs 9-2. I find it has a much better balance in that guise. The wood stocked guns, as Kip posted, will likely feel better to most folks with the standard target barrels. There's about 7 oz. difference in the weight of the light contour and Pro bore barrels. Mine has been completely reliable. Recoil with the Syn Comp stock is negligible to say the least and I'm a recoil sissy. Given the total package, I would have to rate the new Synthetic Competition a "best buy".
    Dave

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

A 'rad' Auto-Buster???? That's gonna leave a mark!!! LOL

Ken Rucker....Speedbump Stockworks

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I've heard thru the grapevine today that Remington is finally starting to get these guns to their distributors.........I've got a demo they sent me for people to try........several shooters shot it during the SW Grand. All who tried it wanted to buy it on the spot!! There is NO felt recoil and it functions flawlessly.

Ken Rucker

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

jm1079, you have a pm

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.