1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 competition synthetic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nut, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nut

nut Member

Is Remington going to have a run of the synthetic competitions in 2012

2. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Posted on another forum, a partial quote of an answer someone received from Remington;

"This model is on our current 1st quarter 2012 production schedule."

I hope that is correct, I have seen just one of these "in person" and seen it in use. I am normally a walnut stock-guy but I could see me owning one of these.

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Where can you purchase one?

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Remington has told us that they have 800 or so of these scheduled to be built in 2012. We have not received P.O. at this time .

Ken Rucker ..Speedbump Stockworks

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

What would be the real advantage of buying this new gun over putting Rucks stock on my old 1100 trap?

6. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Can you take the 1100 Competition that Remington came out with 4 or 5 years ago, and put the BumpBuster on it?? Not wait for Remington to get into production!

7. bubba68

bubba68 Member

Silverbullet -
    I think you are right on track!

I may be overlooking something, but the biggest difference would be the new Rem Comp Synthetic has a backbored barrel with a new line of choke tubes to go with it. (ProBore, I think)

So, if you are o.k. with how your old 1100 barrel patterns, and you are good with fixed or Remchokes, then there is no real advantage.

Just my 2 cents.

8. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

bkt154

that is exactly what I did. Put an 1100 competition probore barrel on an 1100 trap-t receiver and one of Ken's Remington autobuster stock. Works great for me. FWIW. jm

9. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

You may find you would prefer to put the stock on a gun you already have. The Competition barrels perform quite nicely, but they are heavy. If you want a gun that is a bit more nimble, the light contour target barrel with Ken's stock will be more to your liking. I have both weights and have come to prefer the lighter barrel.
    Dave

10. OkOk

OkOk Member

Hello
    I have just received a new 1100 competion synthetic carbon, simply terrific looking, going to shoot it this weekend, unless I sell it before hand, if anyone is interested call me at 978 337 7762 I ordered this and never expected to receive one, so in the meantime I purchased a 400 excel, so I need to sell one of them. $1150 to your FFL for the 1100 Competiton Synthetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 competition trap 2 barrel synthetic

remington 1100 competition synthetic for trap