1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic w/autobuster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jackpot1, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackpot1

jackpot1 Member

Anyone that has owned and shot one of these guns, I would appreciate your inputs on this gun.
    I'm in the process of purchasing one, just trying to get inputs, before making my decision.

Thanks in advance,

Jackpot1

Denison, Texas 75021

2. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I bought mine, new, in May 2012 (a 60th birthday present).

It has pretty much ruined me for shooting anything else.

A background, so you know where I am coming from;

I have shot trap since 1970, Remington target repeating guns since 1977. I have tried shooting various mid-price break guns over the years but keep coming back to the Rem.'s.

I am in good health for 60 but am prone to migraines and not really into recoil these days.

I have an 1100 Classic Trap which is nice to shoot but the 1100CS upstages it;

Recoil is like a 28g with target loads.

The Probore barrel and chokes on mine pattern very well and it smokes bios with the full tube.

It shoots dead on for left/right, it was easy to set up to get the 70/30 POI that I like, there's lots more adjustment if something else is preferred. Mine is set up to match a Remington montecarlo trap stock.

It has the smoothest interior finish on the receiver that I have seen on an 1100, it is the slickest working 1100 I have seen, right out of the box.

Stock adjustments stay put.

So far there have bee zero FTF's, jams, failure to extract etc. I use clays and the gun stays very clean.

Keep in mind, though, the only way to adjust LOP is to fit a thinner or thicker pad. No an issue for me but something to think about, for some.

The biggest problem THEY NEED TO INCREASE THE PRODUCTION VOLUMES (just in case anyone from Remington visits this forum)

If you have any questions, just let me know.

3. jackpot1

jackpot1 Member

Rem870TB,

Thanks for your inputs on the gun that you shoot, this really helps to hear from someone who has experienced the handling and performance of a gun that I'm trying to make a decision on.
    I too have been shooting this game for some 44 years and enjoy it more today than ever.

Thanks,

Jackpot1
    Denison, Texas

4. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

You might really like the lack of felt recoil, then.

The 1100CS does not have a knock down pin on the barrel extension like the trap 1100's but mine will not it the shooter to my right when we're on the 16 yard positions.

Since I reload, I use a Bjrchwood Casey Shell Catcher on mine, it works quite well. I do replace the plastic tip on the end of the wire with a piece of black insulation from a No. 11 wire, the original plastic tip will not stay on.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I am still looking for one if anybody knows where I can get one, I would appreciate it.
    Bill C Kindred

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are the Competitions even available anymore?

7. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

The problem is that they only make approx. 700 to 800 of them per year.

Not a lot in the grand scheme of things and it seems demand outstrip production.

I don't know if they don't realize they have something here or just can't make more/year.

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I talk to Remington every couple of weeks and the first time they told me they were having problems obtaining stocks and were scheduled to produce them through March. Now the fellow told me that the sc trap was scheduled to be produced all of 2013. At what rate I do not know.

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

They have had enough stocks and Auto-Busters to build 700 of the guns since last August, but did not start assembling those guns until recently. My partner met with their new shotgun marketing mgr. at the shot show last month and he realizes that there is a large market for the gun. Hopefully they will ramp up production soon!!

Ken Rucker

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I hope you are right Ruck. I sure would like to get a hold of one.

11. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"My partner met with their new shotgun marketing mgr. at the shot show last month and he realizes that there is a large market for the gun."

Great news, I am glad to hear someone there knows what they have.

I have had one problem with mine.

The problem is, I don't want to shoot anything else in my inventory, now.

12. jackpot1

jackpot1 Member

I purchased the Competition 1100, that I mentioned at the top of this thread.

This is the best handling and performance 1100 that I have ever shot, bar none, "my opinion" . The Auto Buster that KEN Rucker has added to this setup is is OUTSTANDING for recoil reduction, Thanks Ken!!

Hope other shooters get a chance to shoot and purchase them one in the near future!

Thanks,

Jackpot1
    Denison, Texas 75021

13. jackpot1

jackpot1 Member

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Glad you like it, Jackpot! Thanks!!

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page