1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100™ Competition Synthetic; Selling?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rem870TB, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

My unscientific observations give me the impression that a number of 1100™ Competition Synthetic's are going up for sale, soon after purchase, with relatively low round counts.

Wondering why this is?

Some theories;

- problems with the gun
    - shooter and gun not compatible
    - buy and try a "new toy" then move on....like that happens with trap shooters ;)

.....etc.

2. Chairman

Chairman TS Member

I'm guessing the "new toy" explanation is part of it. Add in the fact that they seem to reliably sell for as much as or more than new prices (at least until Remington makes more), and you end up with a few on the secondhand market.

3. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

One of the shooters at our club bought one last fall, and is very happy with it. I've shot it a couple of times, and it is a nice, soft shooting gun. It points well, and so far, is holding up to the rigors of shooting at least 100 rounds a week of practice and competition. If I was a Remington guy, and in the market to replace my old 1100 or 1187, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these guns if I could get a fair price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.