1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Competition Review

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Timbob44, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

Hello All,

Seen a few of the Remington 1100 Competition's for sale here. The synthetic stock looks good and over all the gun looks great. Seems no one has them to sell and Im sure as to why. Any way was wanting some feedback from those of you that have owned them are shot them. How do they shoot and were can you buy one? Thanks, Tim

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Try the search feature and type in Remington 1100 synthetic competition. Mark

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Two of my friends shoot them and they like them but then again they are the only dedicated trap guns they own. I will say that one of them quit functioning last week. I have not herd the cause yet.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I found out today that the ejector broke. Other than that they have been good.

5. todman2

todman2 Member

I have been shooting one for about 3 months. Use it in skeet and sporting clays. I love it and no issues or problems. Have about 3000 rounds through mine. It is really sweet with a one once load.

6. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

Thanks to all for the good information. Tim

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If I could afford one I'd get it. Since I have two trap guns already (1187 and 1100) it's not high on my priority list.

8. gcessna

gcessna Member

Does the older 1100 shell catcher work on the new one or is someone making one for it yet?

9. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

ITS STILL AN 1100-ANY 1100 SHELL CATCHER SHOULD WORK

10. gus

gus Member

NO THE REGULAR SHELL CATHER DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK ON IT - THEY MUST HAVE ENLARGED THE PORT ON THE GUN. FEDERAL T. GUNS STAY IN WHILE GUN CLUBS DO NOT MOST OF THE TIME .
    GREAT GUN IF YOU DO NOT LIKE RECOIL PLUS 5 BRILEY CHOKES INCLUDED !

11. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Does anyone know if the 1100 Comp barrels have the little "knock down" stud above the ejection port? (Not the barrel locator pin in the reciever.)

I ask because the Sporting Clays model do not have this.

12. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

No pin.
    Dave

13. Squeal

Squeal Member

The pin can be put in by a good gunsmith

14. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I've owned one since 2006 when they first came out. I shoot it nearly every week at something - Big-50, Sporting, 5-stand or ATA. I've modified it with adj comb & butt, swapped out the Pro Bore bbl for a Classic Trap bbl and Briley chokes.

The gun has been a better than average 1100 because of the finish and mag tube coating. It was flawless and jamb-free until late last year when the gas ring threw a chip at just over 60,000 rounds, and I just replaced a broken ejector last month.

I also have 2 R-1100 Classic Traps so I'm not shooting a lonely sheep, but I only shoot them so they don't start feeling neglected.

I found the Comp nose-heavy with the Pro Bore, other than that I'll buy another when the opportunity presents itself. I'm always on the lookout for a Target Contour bbl.

IME,
    Kip

15. gus

gus Member

I would note that although the shell holder does not keep the shells in the gun using it does keep them from hitting the shooter to your right. It knocks them down a little.
    I can't figure why the recoil system does not adjust for LOP, it would not have taken much more to incorporate that into it.

16. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Would you go for the competition model or the synthetic competition model??

17. gus

gus Member

Synthetic all the way. More adjustable and no wood scratches !

18. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Does anyone know the length of pull on a synthetic 1100? I didn't see it on the spec list on Rems website.

It's my understanding the only way to adjust the LOP is to use a longer or shorter (which is what I would prefer) recoil pad. I believe the gun uses a "bumpbuster" recoil reducing system which is not adjustable for LOP, is that true? I've also heard cutting the stock to adjust LOP can be a real can of worms.

19. gus

gus Member

Remdog, yes it is NOT adjustable for LOP.
    I laid it next to my 11-87 trap and it is the same.
    However I contacted Remington & they told me the spacer kit made for their supercell pad which is on the gun will fit it ( kit is Part No. 19481).

I have not pulled my pad off yet. Since the spacer kit is made for a pad that screws into a stock and the new 1100 is bolted in to the adjustable plate I may have to get longer bolts.

20. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Let me clear up a few things. The Auto-Buster system is the recoil system that is used on these guns (and other autos as well) is NOT adjustable for lop. When I designed it, my goal was to keep it short and light so we would be able to make a gas auto as short as possible and still have a recoil system with a pad adjuster. To make the system lop adjustable would have made it considerably heavier and precluded the ability of a short lop. The Pro Combo stock that we furnish Remington and sell ourselves is cut as short as possible. Remington requested it have a 14.5" lop using their pad. The pad they use will not work with their supercell lop spacer kit.

If you need a shorter lop on your Pro Combo or 1100 Competition, it can be as short as 13 15/16" with a -5 Kickeez pad . A - 6 pad gives you about 14 1/4" and lengths longer than 14 1/2" can be achieved by using spacers or thicker pads.

I hope this helps.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 remington competition review
remington 1100 competition

remington 1100 competition review

remington 1100 competition reviews

remington 1100 competition synthetic

remington 1100 competition synthetic review

remington 1100 competition synthetic reviews