1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 competion syntheic

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by airplane, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airplane

airplane TS Member

I have a question about what kind of shell catcher works with this gun.The action doesn't open up at all.I've used different type of shells and tried moving the catcher.The one I bought has both 1100/1187 on the package.This gun has a different type of gas system at least that's what I've been told.

2. major146

major146 Member

Airplane

If the action doesn’t open up at all then there is something wrong with the gun. Even though you have a synthetic stock the receiver is the same as other 1100s and the “clip on” shell catcher should work. There is also a shell catcher made by Birchwood Casy that you can use on your gun it is called a Save-it shell catcher. I use one on my Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 and it works great.

I put a link to it above.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  4. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I have 2 Comp's and the bolt/ops handle is a bit different. The handle is lower to the receiver opening and that causes friction on the top of the T&S shell catcher.

I just take my pocket knife and scrape some plastic off so that the bottom of the ops handle will clear the catcher.

IMHO,
    Kip

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Find someone who has one of the older all metal T&S catchers. They were a little shorter than the newer plastic ones. May be just what the doctor ordered. The newer plastic ones rub the bolt on my older 1100 trap.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.