1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 competion syntheic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by airplane, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airplane

airplane TS Member

I am interested what people think of the new Remington 1100 Competition Syntheic for trap.I have a bad shoulder and wonder if this gun would be a good choice?Are Remingtons reliable?

2. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Good Question....or should one just stick with the Ole' 1100 trap?

3. r2d1robert

r2d1robert TS Member

I shoot an 1100 Trap-T made in the late '70's. It shoots any ammo that's on sale! I've never had a problem with it, cleaning and maintaining it are super simple. Last year I replaced the O-ring, just to be on the safe side. I also keep an extra one in the range bag. The only notable difference between my gun and the newer 1100's, that I can see, is the newer piston seal assembly be sure to assemble and install it in the correct orientation and they are good to go.

Reports I've read about how soft the new Comp. Synthetic shoots are nothing short of glowing as to how soft it is (especially if you use lighter load recipes.)

Were I ever to be in the market for a new gun, my one and only choice would be the new Comp. Synthetic - even though I like wood and blued steel the best.

4. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I've been shooting one for quite a while. Can't imagine a 12 gauge that shoots any softer. The only concern you might have with a bad shoulder is the weight of the gun. Mine weighed 9 lbs. 2 oz. out of the box. The Competition barrel is heavy. I now have a light contour 30" on the gun and I like it better--saves about 7 ounces. Reliability hasn't been an issue. While the 1100 may require a bit more frequent cleaning, it is quite easy and quick to do. I did run into one Rio load, don't remember exactly which one it was, the Competition barrel didn't like, but that same load functioned fine in the light contour barrel. FWIW, I haven't shot my 391 since I started shooting the Synthetic Competition.
    Dave

5. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Has anyone checked to see what POI they can get with the stock adjustments on an 1100 Competition Synthetic?

I was wondering if you can get in the 60/40 to 70/30 range with this gun.

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Until Remington starts making enough of them you're gonna pay scalpers prices for one. I'd just get a good 1100 trap and send it to Rucker and have him work his magic on it.

7. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

If you shoot "off the end of the barrel, i.e. front bead" you can get 200% high with an adjustable comb in any gun. (Your gun WILL fire without a figure 8 sight picture).

As I shoot an 1100 myself, I would be interested in one of these, except I'm not sure if you can reduce the LOP. My wood stock version is about 1/4" shorter than the factory model, and I don't want it longer than that.

Also, I'm a little leary of the reports that the barrel seems "heavy". I like a quick gun and shoot a 28" light contour version with choke tubes. (In a gun rack, it comes close to a lot of 34" singles).

The "OLD" 1100's are very good. The "NEW" one might be better for you.

8. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I have the following, all bought, new in the year of their manufacture;

1976 870TB

1994 870TC

2005 1100 Classic Trap

All are monte carlo stocked, in original condition, they all shoot 60/40 for me with a fig. 8 bead pattern, I don't have to work at getting the fig 8, they just fit that way.

I am quite fond of Remingtons (even though I also "play" with some Browning break actions)

Because of my interest in Remingtons, the 1100 Synthetic Comp got my attention.

I don't need one but could find myself buyingh one at some point, if it can be adjusted to fit and achieve the same POI for me as the other guns in the inventory.

9. osmunal

osmunal TS Member

My wife is shooting one at 150-225 targets a week. We shoot 7/8 oz loads and the recoil is not a factor. I keep it clean, and it has been 100% reliable. I think this gun has an awful lot to reccomend it!

10. gus

gus Member

I just got one. Went from an 11-87 to the 1100 Comp. Synthetic.

1. It is a heavy gun

2. LOP is NOT adjustable

3. Don't know where it shoots yet, only 75 rounds thru it and still adjusting it.

4. IMO it's not that soft shooting. No less kick than my 11-87 with a Kick Eez pad. I have only used the medium springs (comes with 3 sets)

I'll keep you posted

11. claykiller

claykiller Member

Remingtons are very reliable, in fact in my opinion they (870 & 1100) are two of the best trap guns ever made. None the less time marches on and it is an old design. If you're recoil sensitive have a look at this beauty.

12. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

13. pigman66

pigman66 TS Member

You can buy the 1100 Comp stock from Jack West. I looked it up since I shoot an 1100 Comp and they say it is the same as from the factory.
    Paul

14. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

I purchased one about 3 months ago. New at trap, new gun with lots of adjustments so there is quite a learning curve for me. LOP is not adjustable. I needed a shorter LOP so I replaced the thick factory pad with an old, old thin Remington hard plastic plate. The gun is so mild on recoil I felt no difference. I have the gun fitting, I installed a sight blinder to help with a vision problem and I am learning to shoot. The gun is beautiful even with the carbon fiber look, the heavy nickle silver receiver is quite attractive. Its a relatively inexpensive way to start shooting a new gun with a bunch of extras. Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is the new carbon fibre remington 1100 ok for trap

remington 1100 trap gun carbon fiber look

remington new carbon fibre 1100 ok for trap shooting