1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 comp opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I own an 1100 Trap that I've had since 73, it has never failed to fire as a trap gun, a waterfowl gun or a deer gun. Highly recomend the 1100, I have 4 barrels for mine, 28 mod, 30full, 34 full trap, slug barrel and a skeet 26".

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I own two, bought one new, with the adj comb, and then a nice used one a year later. In my opinion, The Comp is the best of Remington's 1100 line. I've been shooting 1100's for 45 years, and have owned more than I remember.

Being critical, the Comp adj comb isn't worth the money. If you intend to shoot it strictly for Trap, I'd suggest that you call Remington, and trade the stock for a MC from the Classic Trap model. I did it, so I know it can be done. I sent them the forearm so the wood could be matched. The Customer Service department supervisor was very helpful.

I keep one set up for Sporting and a bit of Bunker. I had the comb cut and new adj pad by Greg Hissem. His work and hardware is far superior, and the overall cost was within $20.

I use my Comp for Doubles (had a bbl button installed, too) and have never had it jamb due to the gun.

IMO,
    Kip

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I sure would go for the 390 with the Moneymaker rib. Very study, well made, and reliable gun - which many consider to be the best of the Beretta 300 series.
    Remington 1100 was an excellent gun 30 years ago, but they just don't make 'em like they used to.

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

I have owned the Rem Competition and several Beretta 390's,391's and I much prefer the Rem Competition. The Competition is the lightest recoiling 12 gauge I have ever shot and with the special finish and nickle teflon coating it should last forever. The proBore chokes also do a good job of thowing a great pattern. I think this is the best 1100 Remington has ever made. The stock may or may not fit you as a trap stock, it did for me but every one is different but it is simple to change the stock for a different one, like a Wenig New American style. Get the competition and shoot it as much as you can.
    randy

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

IMHO, i would buy a Remington 1187 Sporting Clay NP or nickel plated. It has the same barrel and probore chokes as the competition. Because of the shorter forearm, it has much better dynamics than the Comp. for what its worth. jm

6. rrose

rrose TS Member

GMAG
    What did you decide?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.