1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Cleaning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Darth Vader, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader TS Member

After how many rounds should you field strip an 1100 Remington? I always clean barrel and gas port after each shooting. Thanks for any information on this subject!

2. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Darth,

After each day of shooting (about 50 to 200 rounds), I take off the forend and clean the mag. tube and piston. Also, clean the barrel gas ports and gas cylinder, brush out the chamber and wipe off the barrel and receiver. I use Breakfree CLP. Takes about 5 minutes.

About every month or so...depending on how much I have shot, I clean the trigger assembly in kerosene and blow it out with compressed air. Also at that time I clean the inside of the receiver including bolt assembly/action bars. Once a year before it turns cold, I take off the stock and clean the main spring and the spring tube. Replace the main spring every 5K or 7K. Takes about 60 minutes.

Chris

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

let the force guide you Darth!!

tony

4. powderburn

powderburn Member

Darth,
    Just make sure that mag tube is bone dry after you're done with the cleaning. I like to use car wax on it so it is dry and slick afterwards. I feel the wax keeps the mag tube better longer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
clean how often remington 1100

cleaning remington 1100 gas ports