1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Classic Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Customf1, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Customf1

Customf1 TS Member

I just bought a mint Remington 1100 Classic Trap with 30 in barrel. I got a great deal on it. It's a little more upscale that the basic 1100 Trap. This is a very beauitful engraved gun with a gold american eagle on it , how proud I am to be an American and owner of this gun!! I am looking forward to shooting it very soon maybe sometime next week. We shoot trap year round here in the Chicago area. If anyone knows of this gun and would like to comment on it that would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I own an 1100 Trap-T which I've owned and shot since 73 and it's never failed me even in this crazy Chicago weather. Enjoy your new shotgun!

3. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

My oldest son shoots an 1100 Classic Trap that I purchased 6 years ago. he shot his first 25, 50, 75 and 100 straights with it. This is the 7th year he has been shooting SCTP and AIM. It has never had anything go wrong. It also has the 30" barrel and he shoots a modified choke tube. The gun is a machine. Keep it clean and it will serve you well. Last year there were 6 of our kids shooting them and this year there are 8 using 1100 Classics.

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I had one...shot it well, won a couple of events and shoot-offs. Foolishly sold it thinking an O/U would be better...it wasn't. Makes a great all-around target gun. Do NOT let it go! Great gun. Regards, Ed

5. thefez

thefez TS Member

I recently bought an 1100 Trap-T and had the knock-down pin reworked since it was chucking the shells up in the air. For those shooting 1100s do you usually use a shell catcher or will the knock-down pin usually be enough? I've yet to shoot it in a squad and actually had hoped I can try doubles with it and use my 870 for singles/caps. I still like the pumps too.

The last thing I want is to upset some squad members so I will probably use the catcher anyways with singles or caps. But I was wondering if you get a lot of complaints from other shooters with a working knock-down pin if it does it's job and keeps the shells down at your side/feet. Mark

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Lots of "prima donnas" in trap...gotta be careful you don't dare offend anyone. Use a shell catcher and forget doubles if you use an auto. Best Regards, Ed

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I guarantee you're not shooting trap in the Chicago area today!

I just got an e-mail flyer from MPC Sports. A whole bunch of Remington shotguns
    have been shipped out to dealers, including the hard to find Classic Trap.
    $ 1,015.95. Check out their website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.