1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Classic Trap vs Competition

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by indydrew, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indydrew

indydrew TS Member

Hello all!

I am very new to trapshooting, less than a month, and I am looking for my first trap gun. I have it narrowed down to one of these two models the 1100 Classic Trap (25333) or the 1100 Competition (26919).

The dedicated trap gun has the advantage of course, but the competition gun has some features that may make it worth looking into. Would the 1100 competition make a good trap gun or should I stick with the Classic Trap.

I thought I would ask the pro's out here and see what your thoughts are.

Thanks,

Drew

2. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

I don't know about the 1100 Classic Trap, but I purchased new an 870 Classic Trap. I had an adjustable comb installed and a Nelson Pad-a-just and couldn't be happier. Still a little stiff after about 1,000 rounds but shoots exactly where I point it. If you are just shooting trap as I am, the Classic Trap would be a better choice.

Darryl

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I have seen an 1100 Competition, and its a really nice gun.

But if you're buying a gun for shooting trap, buy a trap gun.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Competition has a sporting clays stock, and is muzzle heavy with the 30" barrel. Definitely the classic trap.

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

When I purchased my first 1100 Comp I intended to use it for Trap Doubles. I called Remington, spoke with a supervisor in Parts and arranged for a swap of wood for the Monte Carlo stock. I even sent the forearm so that they could match it up to the new stock (the Pro-bore BBl has a bigger Dia.).

I paid shipping both ways and they were more than accommodating. It worked out very well, but that was about 4 or 5 years ago, before the current ownership.

I like the Comp for it's Teflon coating. I'm extremely happy with my 1100's. I own 3 1100 Classic Trap's and 2 Comp's now. I keep three for myself and use the other 2 for visitors and grandkids.

Excellent entry level gun, and an even better recoil reduction arm. Lots of good guns out there, the 1100 CT or Comp are just one of them.

IMHO,
    Kip

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I would go with the trap, a Monte Carlo stock is good for everything if you have it set to shoot where you look.

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the Comp. uses Rem. Chokes. If thats the case could be something to consider?

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

The Comp uses 5 Remington Pro-bore external chokes that come with the gun. They work well.

Kip

9. slodsm

slodsm Member

I put quite a few rounds down a CT this year. It ran like a sewing machine for me, cycles light 1oz loads well, looked great, broke my first hdcp straight with it, etc. I had no complaints at all. Shot 3" high for me with my mount and had a nice swing once I got used to it.

The comp is a nice auto as well I'm sure but I've never owned one so not sure how it would do at trap although I've been outshot by the right guy with an 870 express and value pack shells so its the Indian, not the arrow.

Jeremy

10. archangel

archangel Member

Last year I converted an old 1100, put on a mc stock and the comp probore barrel, i think i shoot it better than my bt-99 (which isnt saying much), it goes right to the target.
    The comp barrel does not have the knock down pin the trp barrel does, i find the t&s shell catcher sometimes flips the shell around making it hard to remove, i have used, with better success, the birchwood casey shell catcher on the comp barrel. my friend has recently switched from his bt-99 to the 1100 trap model, his shells because of the knock down pin have never hit me, and he may never shoot the bt99 again. The chokes for the trap barrel are different than the remchokes because of the internal bore of the trap barrel, and of course the probore chokes will not fit the trap barrel. another gun to evaluate is the beretta 391 parallel target. one more thing the 1100's are very soft shooters. hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 1100 classic trap
remington 1100 classic trap review
remington 1100 competition
remington 1100 competition barrel
remington 1100 competition trap

remington 1100 trap

remington 1100 trap for sale
remington 1100 trap review