1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 Barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkt514, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

What is the difference between the Synthetic Competition 1100 barrel, the competition barrel, and the Classic Trap 1100 barrel? Is it just chokes or is one heavier than the others?

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I thought the newer Remmy were the "Pro Bore" system, back bored and a Pro Bore tubes. Not the old style Rem - Choke tubes. I could be wrong but I thought some of the 870 and 1100 target guns had target tubes that were Ren - Choke threads but were not ment for field use. Factory Remmy tubes are marked very well in my experience with them.

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

So the chokes are different......same barrels??

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Lot's of different Remchoke barrels. The standard field models with a .725 nominal bore; Target contour that had a larger back-bore and a two step choked barrel (hard for me to describe this one) and the tubes are the same threads as the standard remchoke, but marked differently; the new Pro-Bore barrels are .735 nominal with different threads than the standard remchoke.

I'm sure I left something out that BiO or one of the other Remmy experts will chime in about.

ss

5. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Must be the way the barrels are bored? Same basic barrel, just bored different. I thought one might be haevier than the other...

6. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine had the barrel lug come off of his competition at a shoot. He called remington ask if they would have gunsmith at the grand. People answering the phone did no what the grand was. They thought it was a gun show. Shows you the kind of help companies get now day. Still don't know if anyone will be there. Wild Bill

7. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

The 30" Pro Bore barrel is about 7 ounces heavier that a 30" light contour target barrel.
    Dave

8. DanLee

DanLee Member

The Comp barrel is bored .735" as was the 1100 G3. Remington calls this their Pro-Bore and has a different set of chokes for it. The other barrels mentioned are bored .727" and use the RemChoke system. I have a G3 on which I've stuck a 30" 11-87 RemChoke barrel. I can't really tell any difference between the performance of the two choke systems.

Dan

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Remington had a potentially excellent gun in the Competition until they put the 30" ProBore barrel on it. The gun is way too nose heavy for sporting clay, which is what it was designed for. Sporting clays shooters are the only ones who will put big bucks in an auto. It was intended to compete with the high priced Beretta Teknys, and they figured because 391 shooters preferred a 30" barrel, the Competition had to have one, too.

The bump buster may have helped the balance on the new synthetic competition - I haven't had the chance to shoulder or shoot one yet.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There were some step rib trap barrels that had .018" of choke in the barrel, and standard Remchoke Dimensions after that. Ajpparently this was to use the same chokes and not have some kind of problems.

These guns had chokes marked Trap full, Trap Extra full, etc,.

If I put a skeet choke in mine it works out to IM. The Extra Full or a normal Remchoke Full are ahoot to break targets with, center hits make smokeballs.

HM

11. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

So the barrel on the Competition with synthetic stock and the bumpbuster, is the same as their Competion 1100 (G3). 30" Pro-bore??

12. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

yes. jm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 remington trap barrels

remington 1100 pro bore barrel

remington 1100 trap barrel

remington 1100 trap barrels
remington trap barrels
trap barrel for 1100 remington