1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 1100 20 guage standard weight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcouch, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcouch

tcouch Member

I have a friends 1100 20 guage standard weight at home giving it a good cleaning. The feed latch isnt steaked in and it seems like its bent. Does anyone know if it takes the 12 gauge latch if I order another?

Thank you,

Tim

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The feed latch is supposed to be bent. I never saw one go bad. I like to epoxy it in place. Clean the slot and latch with rubbing alcohol. Put a little epoxy in the slot between the pin holes and a little epoxy on the rear two inches of the latch. Put the latch in the slot and line it up by inserting the pins. Then clamp it in place and let it cure over night. Put a little wax on the pins to act as a release agent so they don't get glued in with the latch. After it is set up, clean up any excess epoxy that oozed out. Put the trigger back in and you are done. HMB

3. 682b

682b Member

Those 20 ga standards do take a 20 ga latch, it will say 20 ga on the back if you look closely. Several years ago I looked for a new one. I never found one but I did find one used one at Jack First. With that said you don't have to stake it in to operate the gun. If the gun works properly go to the trouble of stalking it in and look for a spare. Good luck Jim

As a after thought I contemplated trying a 16 ga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

20 guage feed latch 1100

feed latch remington 1100 20 gauge

remington 1100 20 ga standard weight feed latch

remington 1100 20 gauge weight

remington 1100 20 guage for trap