1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 11-87 sporting clays

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by onthe$, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onthe$

onthe$ TS Member

hey, a short while ago, on gunsamerica.com i found a gun shop selling remington 11-87 sporting clays nickle reciever brand new in box. these guns are from around 1999. anyway i bought one and there are a couple stress cracks in the finish of the forend. has anyone else bought a gun from this person, and does your gun have the cracks near the reciever. also is it possible that it is just from sitting for 8 years? thanks joe, here are some pictures.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I can't open the picture, but I have an idea where the cracks occurred because I've seen it before. It used to occur frequently with 1100's because the fore-end wood is too thin at that point. I had the same 11-87 NCP that you have, so I know the gun. On the 1100's when that occurred I would bleed some thin Cyanoacrylate into the wood from the inside, and that prevents the crack from spreading. New or old, it was going to crack sooner or later.

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Check the thread above. I'm not sure if a 1100 fore arm fits a 11-87 though.

Jerbear

4. onthe$

onthe$ TS Member

it isnt the wood, its the finish on the wood. jerbear, thanks but the forend on the sporting clays is shorter to save weight.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Jerbear, SOME 1100 forends will fit and work on 1187's, while others won't. It's hit or miss, and it's best to err on the side of caution and not bother with it.<br>
    <br>
    However, in the case of the 1187 Sporting Clays gun, not even a standard or light contour 1187 forend will fit it.<br>
    <br>
    The Sporting Clays gun has a shorter magazine tube. The barrel hanger is in the same place, so regular 1187 barrels will still fit. But the forend is shorter to match the mag tube. Thus, you MUST purchase a forend specific to this model. Considering that these forends have been out of production, a smart owner would buy a spare and squirrel it away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
11-87 sporting clays
1187 sporting clay guns
1187 sporting clays

rem 11-87 sporting

remington 11 87 sporting clays model
remington 11-87sporting clays

remington 1187 for sporting clays

remington 1187 sporting clays shotgun