1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 11-87 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by reddeath, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

Looking for Remington experts here. I have a young boy shooting my 11-87 premier grade field shotgun (light contour). He is getting good enough he really needs an adjustable or trap type stock to have the gun mount in the same place every time. Yes the easy answer is to run out and have the hardware installed on the existing stock or to get another. This youngster is not my son and I cant be spending all of my money on evey kid I meet. Here is what I did and here is the question.

My father has a remington 11-87 premire trap with a totally adjustable but stock. But this gun is too heavy for the young shooter. Can I just swap out the butt stocks? Is there anything I need to know or be careful of?

Thanks,
    Craig

2. sts1100

sts1100 Member

Why not put the light contour on the trap gun? There will be a gap around the barrel if the forend is not switched.

If you want to change the stock could be held in place with a slotted cap or a hex nut. If it is the slotted cap make sure you have the large screwdriver in the slot and not between the cap and the wood, it is possible to damage a stock.

Dave

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Yes you can just swap the stocks. JM

4. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

You can swap stocks - no problem and nothing other than loosening a lock nut with a big screw driver. If it's tight - use the flat tip prong on a 4-way car tire iron. I've had to do that in the past.

5. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

Thanks all!

I was kinda sure it would work just wanted to ask the pro's.

As for sts1100's post - I left the original forgrips alone. I only changed the butt stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.