1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remingtion 1100 MAGNUM action bar

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by gkinla, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkinla

gkinla Member

0   0   0

Looking for a Rem 1100 magnum action bar sleeve or complete assembly. Brownells doesn't differentiate between a std 1100 or a magnum. I need the magnum sleeve as it's heaver. I want to slow the bolt down a bit.

2. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Just put a spacer behind the stock spring.

3. gkinla

gkinla Member

0   0   0

Thanks Jim R for the tip. I thought of this but my thought was, yes it will retard the bolt rearward but I was worried it might speed up the bolt return tool much and throw out the timing and cause other problems. The other problem, it might not take much spacer to bind up the action spring and cause the spring tube to be torn out of the action, as its only silver soldered in place. I also know that the bolt must retract at least an 1/8 th of an inch after it locks open, so I can check spring bind.

So, I still would like a 12 ga magnum action bar sleeve to try first if anyone has one.

If you or anyone else has done the spacer with success, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Gkinla

4. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

The spacer only needs to be about 1 to 2". You will have to play with it to get what you want. A new spring is cheap and I start there, if it is not what I want I use a spacer.

5. gkinla

gkinla Member

0   0   0

Still need a 12 ga. magnum action sleeve.

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have one along with the rest of an 1100 magnum. 21 inch barrel 3 " chamber with three choke tubes, skeet, Improved cyl and one unmarked but I believe is full. Sling swivels and a receiver tapped for a scope mount. $350 plus shipping.

7. gkinla

gkinla Member

0   0   0

Found one, thanks everyone.

gkinla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

action sleeve for magnum 1100

difference in action bar assembly 1100 3 inch
remington 1100 action bar
remington 1100 magnum action bar