1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reminder-West Chester Big $$ shoot this Saturday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerry944t, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Reminder - The shoot is this Saturday. Classification starts at 10:00. Shoot starts at 11:00. Temperatures should be about 30 degrees warmer than last time.

The pot is $300 and we will add money for each shooter. $$$$ to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Winners determined by high combined score. Any shoot offs will be at handicap distance.

The program in non ATA so all are welcome. You will shoot 25 16 yard targets followed by 25 at your handicap distance. Handicap distance will be your ATA yardage or at the determination of classifier.

Free food by Abby for all participants.

Big Poker game after the shooting. You don't have to be a shooter to participate in the poker game.

Bring every one you think you can beat.

Cheers,

Jerry

2. gus in pa at work

gus in pa at work Member

3. gundog

gundog TS Member

Count me in big Jerry

4. Tom S

Tom S Member

5. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

Anyone want to give me 20 to 1 that I win both the shoot and the poker game!?

6. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

Dave, I think that I would like to get a little piece of the action with those odds. I'm not much for poker but once in a blue moon can come across on the shooting game. See you Saturday Dave. Maybe we could shoot on the same squad? What is your yardage?

P.S. You will have to spot me at least one bird if we shoot on the same squad. LOL

7. Jerry944t

David since I'm recording all the scores and determining the winners I'd like a piece of that action as well :)

8. pdq

pdq Member

Hey Jerry:

What's the going price to "buy" birds? I still need a few to turn in a respectable score.

Pete

9. Jerry944t

Pete a respectable donation to my favorite charity, "Jerry's Shooting Fund" could have a positive effect on your performance. As always, I'm negotiable but not inexpensive.

10. pdq

pdq Member

Do you accept American Express?

I never leave home without it.

Pete

11. Jerry944t

LOL Pete. I believe AMEX will give you a cash advance and you know what they say about cash. It talks you know.

If Jay Zap is showing up we all better be satisfied with 2nd or 3rd place money.

12. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

What time does registration end?

Are there registered targets afterward?

Thanks
    Bill Yost

13. Jerry944t

Registration ends at about 12. If you call the club we'll hold a spot if you're on your way.

Shooting afterwards if you'd like but not registered. Practice or you can organize a game.

14. Jerry944t

Up for a nice day tomorrow!

15. Jerry944t

Thank you all who participated in the shoot today. It was really nice seeing and meeting some new faces and re acquainting myself with people I haven't seen in a while.

I hope you enjoyed Abbey's donated food and cooking as well as the shoot program. The poker game is still in progress as I type.

Congratulations to Ted Wallace and Larry Grabowski who tied for first place with 98s and decided to split the first and second place $$$. A really big thanks to both of them for contributing a portion of their winning back to the club.

Another big thanks to those that volunteered to score and fill the houses.

Congratulation to Bud Fini and Bob McCormick for tying for third place with 47s. They, also, decided to split the $$$.

See you all next month.

16. pdq

pdq Member

Jerry:

I know that you're sharper than a Ginsju knife when it come to math, but how did the 1st place winners tie with 98s in a 50 bird shoot? Are you pulling some "new math" stuff on us?

Also, I know I agreed to buy some targets from you (and then proceed to lose anyway), but now realize that giving you my AMEX card was a mistake. Exactly where is that after hours club where you charged $3,755, and did you get a detailed receipt?

On second thought, I don't think I want to know the details........

It was a good shoot however -- nice to see the crowd that attended -- many new faces, everyone having fun.

Pete

17. Jerry944t

Well Pete it's quite easy to get a 98 in a 50 bird shoot. In spite of the use of your AMEX card the winners were a tad more generous but I thank you anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.