1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reminder: Gun Control was here before Sandy Hook..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Attempts at gun control were being attempted before Sandy Hook. Gun Control really doesn't have anything to do with Sandy Hook in that, gun control will not prevent another Sandy Hook. Sandy Hook was an horrific Crime, murder, committed by a cold, heartless criminal,there's no doubt about that, but Sandy Hook has nothing to do with The Second Amendment and the Constitution.

The laws that are being enacted against righteous citizens do have to do with the Second Amendment, The Bill of Rights, and the Constitution framed by the Declaration of Independence.

Yes, there was Sandy Hook in CT but there was also The Cheshire Home Invasion.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

What Obama did, trotting out the parents of children killed at Sandy Hook, is a desparate action on his part to sway Senators. The parents are nothing more than emotional lobbyist. And, many are uneducated in the current laws and the proposed legislation. Neither would have prevented Sandy Hook.

3. rebeldog1

rebeldog1 TS Member

No law can ever prevent a tragedy or crime,they are only about punishment afterwards.Police officers cannot prevent a crime from happening,unfortunately they usually come along to try to pick up the pieces after a tragedy,true there are so many laws already that need to be enforced more diligently,murder is already illegal,as is rape,assault robbery, the list goes on.Someone who kills and only does one or two years in jail?Something is definitely broken in our justice system.

4. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Of course we have not forgotten Sandy Hook but have Connecticut politicians forgotten the Cheshire Home Invasion?

My family and I were very familiar with the Cheshire area and had friends in and around the area. The very thought of what transpired there in Cheshire still makes my hair stand on end as does the events in the sleepy little town of Sandy Hook.

I believe most of us in CT believe the only answer to a bad guy with a gun and gas with a match and/or a gun is a good guy with a gun. This is evidenced in the fact that gun shops are empty of merchandise and full of people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.