1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remembering Sept 11, 2001

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Lets not forget the people we lost on Sept 11, 2001.

2. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Let's never forget those that we lost. Also let's don't forget who committed this murderous act. Michael

3. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Lets not forget the people we lost on Sept 11, 2001. And those in our Great Military who are fighting for our freedoms , those who were wounded and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice

Tony

4. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

Click above

5. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Let's also not forget those 50,000 names carved in the wall from another time that needs to be not forgotten! Just click on the URL for a tribute by George!

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

7. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0-0PtHNHQU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0-0PtHNHQU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Something you may have never seen before,from a condo 500 yards away.

Jerbear

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'm not sure I could ever forget the footage I watched on the television that morning or how helpless I felt while watching it ... These images are forever burned into my memory bank and the feelings I doubt will ever go completely away (not that I would want them to) ... May they all rest in peace, hopefully in a better place ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Jerbear, thanks for that video link. I was flying out of Sacramento to Detroit on the morning of 9/11. Ended up in Las Vegas and took me 3 days to get home. I'll never forget the chaos at the L.V. airport. Authorities were trying to evacuate people and close it. Passenger jets from many countries circling and trying to get down. It was pretty comforting to see a pair of F14's or F16's (?) out of Nellis Air Base flying over the airport/city. I'll never forget the voice message left on my cell phone by my 16yo daughter...something to the effect of "you better call me now" in her scared voice! Times like that sure make you appreciate your loved ones.

12. pdq

pdq Member

For a number of years, it wasn't unusual for me to jump on the train and do business in lower or mid-town Manhattan. On that day, I'd been invited to attend an industry conference in the Towers, something I did frequently. I almost went as a guy from another company I was working with on a piece of business was one of the panel speakers. Not sure what the conflict was, but I decided not to go. Unfortunately about 120 people, many of whom I knew, did go and were on one of the top floors of the first building hit, all were lost. And it didn't happen quickly. Many were able to call their family, saying things didn't look good, that they loved them, and then saying good-bye. Due to a comical fluke of fate, the guy I was working with had to go back down to his hotel room & was there when the plane hit & he made it out ok.

My company was lucky (in a sad way) as we did a lot of business in the Towers, and all of our employees except 3 made it out safely. My cell phone was crazy for a couple of hours that morning as family, friends and colleagues knew that I'd go there on little or no notice & all wanted to know where I was.

Really bizarre thing? About 3 weeks later I was going through my mail and saw there was an invitation to attend another conference. When I turned it over to look at the front page, I was stunned. Taking up half the page was a picture of the NY skyline, with the Towers, saying the conference would be held there. I couldn't believe that no one pulled those flyers before sending.

I still have that invitation, as I never want to forget what happened on 9/11.

It was months before I could bring myself to go back to Manhattan. On the other hand I was in London for 3 or 4 days about 2 weeks after 9/11. Every time I got in a cab and gave the address, the driver would look at me, say "Are you a Yank?" and when I said yes, they'd immediately talk my ear off, saying what a terrible thing it was, how much they hated those who'd done it -- obviously affected them emotionally very hard -- were absolutely supportive of America.

Days like that, hard not to remember what you did minute by minute.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.