1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remember your first 25

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mahrbeezer, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

Seen a guy shoot his first 25 today. Smile from ear to ear!! I remember when i did mine, i shot like sh%& the next round but didnt care because all i could think about was that 25. I couldnt get it out of my head for the rest of the week. I would like to know how much my first 25 cost me, or maybe i wouldnt. I still smile ear to ear everytime i shoot a 25, only because i dont shoot alot of them.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I kept the score sheet and framed it. Still have it.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

No! Heck, I'm not sure I remember my name; uh, oh yeah, Bob Dodd

4. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

my first 25 was shot with a box of mixed reloads, lite, heavy, extra heavy, AA, Remington, Federal.. all pretty much junk left overs, just enough to make a full box. I think i was too worried about how the next one was gonna kick me... when all said and done, wow, i had broke my first 25 straight!

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Around 1964 in a snowstorm!!

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I can remember mine and where it was shot at and with what. I was just a kid and my dad said that I couldn't shoot registered till I broke a 25 straight. Had an old Stevens exposed hammer break open 12 gauge. Reloaded all my own shells on a MEC 600 JR. Shot it under the lights at a little club in Billings Missouri way back in 1969. That was the proudest moment and still brings a smile to my face. Way back then it was all three hole yellow dome or white targets. Congratulate everyone that shoots their first 25 straight and encourage them. John

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I cannot remember what I had for lunch yesterday!

I do not remember my first 25 at either Skeet or Trap. I remember my first 100 at Skeet, but not at Trap. I started shooting clays in 1958. CRS is kicking in! LOL

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I was 10 - 1965

FR

9. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

The first 2 round of trap I ever shot, 50 targets, all broken, using a Ruger Red Label. All that Skeet practice paid off. Thought Trap was for people who couldn't shoot Skeet . Wrong!! Then I got as low as an 8 with that gun when I was introduced to a little head lifting. Went to a trap gun and have been working my way up ever since. First 100 at 16 was with 3/4 oz of #9 at 1200 through a full choke. 2nd registered 100 hasn't happened yet, need to shoot more don't we all. Jeff

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Yep, It was mid summer of 2000. The first year I ever shot clay targets. Used a 24 inch barreled field 1100.

The old 1100 has changed a bit since then.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/Gun%20stuff/?action=view&current=sludgeomatic003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jim

11. 6913F

6913F TS Member

Will never forget it. My dad was on the same squad during Friday night practice. Last bird was from #5 post, hard right. Just about screwed myself into the ground(was expecting a strait-away)! The best thins was, I remember JACKMITCH was on my squad and I whooped him fair and square!

12. Ertz

Ertz Member

I do, but I find more enjoyment out of remembering others. I have six people on my league team who have three years or less of shooting experience, and two of them have their 25 straight patches. Our team makes a little ceremony out of it and the smile on their faces is hard to forget. My favorite was my beautiful bride getting her first one last year (at the Minnesota state shoot no less) after six years of trying. She was on my right and I knew she was straight. When she broke the last one she looked at me with this huge smile and pumped her fist. It doesn't get any better.

13. BMC

BMC Member

I remember my first 25 vividly. It was only about a year and a half ago, about two months after I started fiddling with shooting trap. I wanted it so bad I would go to the range after work to shoot a few boxes. One evening shooting by myself, I managed to break that 25th target, walked back to the bench and sighed a huge relief and smiled. No one was there. A little more than a year later, I broke my first 100. While that is a huge milestone not to be forgotten, breaking that first 25 is still at the top of the shooting memory chart for me.

14. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

After the first 25, I had to start writing there names down as I couldn't remember them anymore......lol

Hauxfan!

15. ZELMO1

ZELMO1 TS Member

My first 25 was with my field gun with a turkey choke, what a blast. My 1st 100 str8 was a fluke also. Used my 26" barrel o/u Beretta686. It almost fell through the rack. 100 in the morning, 89 in the afternoon. Things have a way of leveling off. Good luck.

16. ubernut

ubernut TS Member

After my first straight, guy next to me grabbed my Knew hat I was wearing, tyed some clays in it, and the whole squad blew the sh*t out of it. then put it back on my head!! still have the hat

17. nrasmus

nrasmus Member

I can sure remember mine, my friends and I had kindof a bet going on who would shoot the first one on the high school team and I was picked to do it normally. My buddy beat me to it on a shoot that was 10 rocks a station which to me is still good shooting but a lot easier than a 5x5=25. then the following weekend the other one got his true 25 so I was the lone ranger. The next day we shot in a local 50 rock fun league and I busted the first 25 and felt so good I did it again so my first patch was kind of a 50 straight. It was so neat as my father was on the same squad and missed that last five targets hoping god would help me out a little. At least that is what he says :).

18. starship

starship TS Member

My first 25 came during my first trap lesson.

I had been shooting sporting clays for a couple of years then had to lay-off shooting for about 2 years (med issue). Decided to try this trap thing and after a month or so saw that I needed a lesson (at the least).

Didn't even have a trap gun so instructor brought a couple to the lesson. After some initial instruction he handed me his gun and said lets see you put it into practice. I RAN 55! (No he wouldn't sell me the gun)

He said I was scary...:)

19. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jeez, FlaLagarto, it wasn't meant to be funny..........

Just telling the truth. lol

Hauxfan!

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Haux, sounds like fact braggin to me bud but that was funny! :)

Recall my first 25 straight clays broken. 22 yards with a borrowed pigeon grade mod.12. Gene Ells almost insisted I fill in the squad and use his gun and reloads. He started a fire that never extinguished. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.