1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*Remember Your First 100 Straight?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Johnny One Time, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny One Time

Johnny One Time TS Member

Most shooters have never had the pleasure of running 100 straight because for most of us, it is not an easy accomplishment. Do you remember your first 100 straight and if no 100 yet, what is your best or most enjoyable score? Where, when, and under what circumstances? I think many of us would be interested in hearing from you shooters.

Hank

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Yes....I do! But don't ask me to name them all! How could one forget!

3. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

My best score is 98 and it was in my very first competition shoot in the northern zone in New Jersey.Peter

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Remember it well but remember very few after that. One other I won't forget is the one at the last Grand in Vandalia.

5. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

My first was in Laramie Wyo in the first 100 of a 200 event. Smoked all hundred with a pull trigger Citori, second hundred I flinched so bad I shot a 94. Still won class but never shot a pull again(in trap). that was back in the 80's. Shot several more with the release.
    ftlupton

6. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

my 1st hundred was at bremerton T&S at a PITA shoot, will never forget, ever.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Late 80s, four trap club in Redding, CA, shot with 1 oz #8s reloads in AA, 16.4 gr. 700X, CB wad, Win. primer, with a box stock Rem. 3200, 30" using the Imp. mod. barrel at 16 yards. Pretty near had a heart attack on the last 5 shells. I remember the last bird came right up to intersect with my gun hold and it was trapped like the first shot of doubles.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I shot my first 100 straight at my home club in Aurora Missouri. My next best 100 straight was my first MO. state shoot 100 that was shot all in the rain. John

9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Ah yes-----I remember it well

John C. Saubak

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I saw this thread and was and am rather suprised that I can not remember my first 100 straight. That kind of bugs me. Old age I guess. I do remember my first 200 straight which was at the CGSTA state class singles event in 1992. Jake

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

My first 100 was at the old Edwardsville Gun Club's last shoot at their old Dunlap Lake location. Last squad, post five, BT99 with 3 dram reloads. After finishing went back to the old clubhouse and finished my steak grilled by Alvin Geiseking. Beautiful fall day. Shot with Kenny Cassens, Dan Frey, Allen Iberg and Charlie Emerick. Can still see folks bbqing on the other side of the lake.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Many years ago I arrived at a shoot late, classifier ask if I would mind shooting with 4 women and I said why not. None of the ladies knew I was breaking my 1st 100 until it was over. All four ladies signed the hat I was wearing that day and the hat sits on my trophy shelf proudly today.

Don

13. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

1983, singles at the Grand. I had some time to kill, so I went to the practice trap. Ran all 25 and thought "Those were good targets!"

Shot on a squad of two older and two younger shooters. I chipped one ever so slightly in my last 25, but got them all. Afterward, the two younger shooters were more excited than I was. The older gents just walked off.

I hitched a ride back to my truck on a trolly, and saw a friend on it with his wife. He asked how I shot, I told him, and he made two statements.

"Well, this is the place to do it!", and "Just remember, no one in the world was better than you today!"

Memories!

Danny

14. zinger

zinger Member

PA State Shoot, 1998 with my husband and ex on same squad..lol..yeah, I remember it quite well!

15. nicky

nicky Member

1990 Grand, A friend and I at the last minute (Friday afternoon) decided to leave northwest Pa. 3:00am. Sat. morning and drive the 7 hours to Vandalia just to look for new trap guns. I told Art as long as we are going there I was taking my trap gun and gear just in case I might want to shoot, who knows when I could get to go again. Got there and signed up on the first opening, shot and ran 100 straight. Then shopped vendor row and then drove the 7 hours home(with the same gun) got home around 2:00am. Sun. It was a long, but good day. Glad I went because I was never able to make the trip again, you all know how life gets in the way.,Kevin

16. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Yes, my first 100 straight was the second half of the Clay Target Championship in 1996. Prior to that that I had 14 99's and missed the 99th target all 14 times. Actually in the morning of the clay target I missed the 99th again for the first 100. Tank Lunsford was next to me and he broke the 200 that day and it was great because before the last five targets Tank stopped the squad to have a talk with me before the last 5 targets and trols me he would thump me if I missed the 99th target again. I will never forget that day.

Dennis DeVault

17. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I'd been shooting trap for about 20 years with a field gun, only had one 25 and that was with a friends trap gun. In the spring of 04 I bought my first trap gun, Citori Trap, full and mod choke, LOP was about an 1 1/2" to short but started to get a few more 25's and was asked to shoot on a squad at the Fall Team Shoot in Mason. These were my very first registered birds and I had to join the ATA before I could shoot. Ran the first 50 or so then thought I'd missed one, puller and squad mate said both saw a chip, ran the rest but got very very nervous on the last one. Lucky it was on station 3 and a nice soft straight-a-way. Someone had to tell me to go get my pin and badge.
    Since then I have shot another two 100's, all have been at Mason. I just love that place.

18. The Stive

The Stive Member

Yes I do!! John

19. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Very Well! My first Grand America on Friday the 13th.

Rich V...

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

My first 100 straight the club had using White Flyer sporting clays targets. I would touch the bird and it would break into 1 or 2 pieces or I might smoke 1/2 of the target. Notrmally I smoke them or miss them. I am convinced that the only reason I got 100 straight was I was watching every target to see what would happen next. I wish I had so many that they were easy to forget but i am still waiting for the next 100 straight.Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.