1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remember The Winchester Gun Club Franchise Program

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Target13, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For some of you it will be before your time, but how many of you remember the old Winchester Franchise Gun Club Program from the early 1970's ?? This was the program where Winchester would partner with Parks and Recreation Departments and Private Investors to build Gun Clubs - today, although this Program has been defunct for decades, gun clubs like Prince Georges in Maryland and others were started under this and developed many new shooters that are still shooting today. The concept was about three decades too soon, but under this program Winchester would provide the expertise and product plus tools for these facilities to conduct "Learn To Shoot" and League Programs. Utilizing their in-house PRO SHOP at the range, a shooter could get everything he/she needed for shooting at that one location.

My reason in bringing all this up is that I'm trying to do some research on this Program and am looking for any printed documents or info that any of you out there may have in your collections that I could "borrow" or take off your hands. Back in those days, Winchester had a vast number of printed materials for shooters and shooting development that were available. Additionally, they had specific audio/visual programs and tools for "Learn To Shoot" and League Programs. If there are any of you out there that have these materials or know where I might find them, I'd sincerely appreciate your getting back to me ASAP.

All in all, the Franchise Gun Club Program was a great one, but it was just a little before it's time. The concepts utilized then are very applicable in these times and my purpose in seeking all this info, is so we might be able to pick out "pieces" here and there to potentially structure these items to help current gun clubs in Promotion; Marketing; Shooter Development and Community Relations.

I thank you for taking the time to read this and hope that you can help me compile this information and items.

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I remember in the early 80's when Remington loaned guns to youth team programs. They shipped 12 shotguns to my high school for our two youth teams. Our principal unboxed them and had them leaning against the wall behind his desk, I sure wish I had taken a picture of that! Irate parents did many a double take.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Back in 1965 I shot at the "new" Otay Winchester Gun Club located in San Diego. As stated, it had a fantastic pro shop and learning program. I was 14 at the time and received professional instruction which included learning materials, the cost of rental gun and shells for an outrageous price, if memory serves me it was in the neighborhood of $16.00 for 6 weeks of training in both Trap and Skeet. Regretably, Im not sure if I still have any of the original training material. I used it for years to coach new shooters myself. If anything remains I'll gladly send it to you.

Robert

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I used to go to the Winchester gun club in Ft Wayne Indiana years ago. It was a sad day when it closed. Thats where I started shooting trap and really got hooked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester franchised gun clubs