1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remember our Veterans This Weekend

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I know I put this in the Shooting Related section but I think it gets the most eyes so forgive me.

Here in Southern Illinois we have our Zone shoot on the Memorial Day Weekend. I want to let all of you know how grateful I am for our Veterans and our Military, fighting for our very existence in this world. No one group of Americans have ever been more important to our freedoms than the soldiers and sailors that put their lives between our citizens and those that would tear at our borders and sovereignty.

We are going to need them more in the near future. It's not a liberal or conservative thing. It's not even political. It's a survival thing. We Americans fight in defense and that has never changed and never will. We are the most civilized society ever conceived by man and we must always be on guard. We should apologize to no one for our ideals but embrace them once again.

Thank the soldiers and sailors when you see them in uniform. Thank the veteran in his or her VFW cap and welcome them home. Make Memorial Day every day knowing that a we must always have a strong defense to protect us against the nature of those who oppose our way of life. I hope that we can sustain this great land as a true republic, free for any to succeed. If we need change at all it should be to remind ourselves of this country's beginnings and recover the principles of our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

2. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Hooah..

CSM Jon Reitz (Ret)

3. ctreay

ctreay Member

My shooting on Memorial Day will be confined to firing on the graves of my brothers. Our Americam Legion firing squad will be firing on 11 cemetries and marching in a 3 mile parade before the morning is over. We leave the post at 0530 to start the day.

C.T.Reay, U.S Navy Seabees 1956-1964

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I try to remember them daily in my prayers. It is because of the Brave that we have a land of the Free. Thanks to all who are or have served our great country.

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Thanks Barry,,,,,,,,,,RVN, 67-68,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.