1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remember in November

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to my son's graduation from Camp Pendleton on November the 24th and as a (soon to be) Marine parent, I got to thinking. I had put a posting on earlier regarding the Pledge of Allegiance and how some true Americans recited the Pledge whether the moderators wanted them to or not. As part of that post was a link to Red Skelton's explanation of what our Pledge of Allegiance meant and I ask each of you to "Remember" this November. Each time I hear him recite that, I tear up. Not just from a great man's presentation, but because of what this country means to me. I know many of you will just think, here is another political post from bigdogtx, but I was never "political" until I became a grandfather and saw the country that I, yes I am part of what is going on now due to past inaction, was leaving to my children and two of the most beautiful granddaughters you will ever meet. ;)

Please accept this in the spirit in which I give it:

REMEMBER,,,,those who came from England to establish a place where FREEDOM and LIBERTY were of utmost importance. Not only the freedom to worship as we pleased, but the right by hard work and not heredity to own property. They desired to be rid of tyranny that forced them to do and think as the aristrocacy desired. Most of those GAVE up their fortunes and their lives so you and I could excercise our RIGHT and vote for whomever WE as Americans felt was the most qualified. (Sadly there are so many that want us to only vote for those THEY, the establishment, think we should vote for)

REMEMBER,,,,the Veteran and the current soldier in uniform. Many disagree with this war as well as previous ones,,,,,but REMEMBER the soldier does not choose the battle in which he must fight. He just has the love of America and FREEDOM that he willingly (today) will pick up a gun and many times pay the ultimate price so that each of us can still have that FREEDOM to be able to elect our leaders. Leaders of not just our Congress but our local servants.

I did not serve officially in our Armed Services, but when I was at my son's swearing in ceremony, I wish I would have. I tell you today, that I would, as many have DONE for me, lay down my life for my country that I love so dearly. To those of you who have served or are serving, please accept my undying gratitude and apology to those of you who were mistreated upon your return from unpopular previous wars.

REMEMBER,,,,,not all politicians are the same. Sometimes we take the knee jerk reaction to just "throw 'em all out". But have sacrifices not been made that WE, you and I, OWE it to those who gave us this great country to study and make and informed decision. We MUST study and look at the character of a politician's heart. What a person says on the campaign trail, more often than not, is not how they vote. Way too OFTEN, a politician will say one thing when the cameras are running and DO ANOTHER when they think we are not looking. I will leave this thought with two sayings, "If a man will lie about one thing, he will lie about another"; "Character is what you do; when noone is watching".

REMEMBER,,,,our elections and actions can have grave consequences. Our country is at a crossroads of which direction we will go. The day of personal responsibility sometimes, very sadly, is a thing of the past. Vote YOUR ethics and your convictions; those that you will be proud of 5, 10 even 20 years from now. If you do, you will never have to say, "I wish I would have done ( ) differently". Take the time now and study those asking for your vote. And not just those on your ballot. Listen to Red and how he says that we are "separate" communities; but UNITED

I wish each and everyone a wonderful life and I pray to God that we will never have to say, "REMEMBER when we could __________ in America".

God bless you and God Bless America!!!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPbIls0iOnI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPbIls0iOnI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.