1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remember Elian Gonzalez?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by MTA Tom, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Then

[​IMG]

Now

[​IMG]

Elian Gonzalez holds a Cuban flag during the UJC, Union of Young Communists, congress in Havana Sunday April 4, 2010. (AP Photo/Ismael Francisco, Prensa Latina)

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Q: Why is President Clinton so reluctant to decide the fate of Elian Gonzalez?

A: Because the last time he made a decision about where to put a Cuban, he was impeached.........Wayne

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    He doesn't look very enthusiastic.

4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Good one Wayne!

John E.

5. andybull

andybull Active Member

This is the reason my parents put me on a plane back in '62. In order to keep children from being indoctrinated into becoming Communists, the Catholic Church worked out a deal with the Government which allowed 15,000 children to emigrate to the U S, the program lasted about a year. The program was Called Peter Pan.

I arrived in Miami and was bused to Florida City, there I was housed with 35 other children and given foster parents. I think there were over 500 children in that particular Camp. This was a very traumatic time in my life (and that of my parents I'm sure).

Elian's picture and Castro's Communist reign of over 50 years has proven that my parents were right.

Andy

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

God Bless You Andy. Good for you. I remember having a young exiled Cuban working for us in the late 60's in construction. One day he showed up for work in a taxi. His car wouldn't start, but he felt an obligation to show up for work, so he called a cab. How many people would do that today?? Good kid, I'm sure he did well in life here.

7. white rattler

white rattler Member

ATF should have drown the little Rat. Trevor Dawe.

8. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"ATF should have drown the little Rat"

what does ATF have to do with this issue?? Like many on here, ya need to check ya facts, jack!!!

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Really?

Who cares about what little Elian is doing now?

10. white rattler

white rattler Member

sernv99, ATF gets blamed for all the bad things so they should get credit for something good. Check your facts, jack!!!!

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jose would be better.

12. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

in 50s the goverment sent a bunch ofus from the east coast to cuba when castro made his final push. I thought than as I do now the cuban people are hard workers, and great people, I had made at least 6 trips to the island. they cant help what castro turned out to be. always rember it was the good old USA who put castro there in the first place, to get rid of bitsta (spell) at 72 now if I could legaly go back to visit I would

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.