1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remarriage with P/W - Whiz

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Today, Monday, I made contact with Dick Medley, CEO of P/W. Seems that he's taken the company back over, as he originally owned it all along. I think he was trying to sell part of it, but it didn't work out, so Dick has seen fit to be at the factory to get things back rolling. Dick lives in Lewiston, a ways from Rathdrum.

I voiced my complaints to him, which he, of course, was aware of. One BIG area is that of customer service and innovations on an annual basis.

He agreed that the factory needed to step up and be more customer friendly, and needs to continue to come up with new innovations in its designs.

He and I spoke long and hard, and I felt that we concluded that P/W is a reloader and company and can be even better with the above concerns.

I guess I didn't light the fire to burn this bridge because I will be back with them for a while if I can make some money to cover my costs. I spend a helluva great deal of my time on responding to emails and phone calls in areas of customer service. It's nothing for me to talk for half an hour to a customer. Most of you know this. I also offer after sale assistance including some items that go out with each reloader sale, and I am never reimbursed for any of it.

I did mention that for the last 15 years I advertised in Trap & Field for P/W and never asked for a dime cooping that. The above banner here on this site is an expense for me and I asked them to go 50-50 with me on it. I felt it would benefit all the dealers, not just me... and because I answer so many calls and emails... which I definitely do not mind doing. Someone has to be there for the customers.

Concerns about customers calling in for assistance and feel they don't get helped, or are made to feel foolish are being looked at. Dick said he would stay on top of that.

Their website is now getting more immediate attention. I was also concerned about emails sent to P/W were not being addressed. They admitted not to being up to snuff on the computer end, "but that will change." I also mentioned that I have, out of my own pocket, have warrantied items when the factory would not, just to keep good customer relations.

All in all, Dick really cares about the company. He is also very, very interested in some of my innovation design changes which will be addressed later. Many of these came directly for you who have suggested these to me.

I firmly believe that the company needs to change the primer ram material, as well as the primer seating post material to alleviate breakage and bending. Some of the metals they use are now being scrutinized for strength.

I also mentioned the no-drop shot or powder tubes if a hull is not present, and a couple of other neat items.

ALSO, look for a new electric drive system, something like the Automate which I worked on for the P/W and Spolar. Dick tried to get that patent so he could then produce it for the P/W machines. One is coming from P/W soon!!!!

I've buried the hatchet in hopes of keeping a good relationship with the factory AND they in turn are addressing the service end and many of my concerns.

My last thought was to hold an annual company event or reward contest. I think it would be a great idea to ask the shooters to come up with new ideas and/or improvements and offer rewards, sizable rewards to make it worth while. We'll see how this settle out.

Whiz White

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

3. BustClays

BustClays Member

So who's the April Fool?

bustclays

4. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

deleted

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I would agree with you except for one thing, dynapro. I believe Whiz did it simply because he felt it was the right thing to do.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It's Wilkinson! WILKINSON!

7. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

that's what they all say. ...

John Edwards, multi-gazillionaire trial lawyer.

Specialty: rake somebodys ass over the hot coals. And you hold them down while their reputation goes up in flames. Then they cry uncle and start throwing pay off money at you, in legal terms they call it a settlement. Then you let their burnt ass up off the flames and hand them some flowers and ice cubes.

The Robin Hood Syndrome.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I don't believe it about Whiz.

9. jabrlin

jabrlin TS Member

Whiz, I hope this is a lasting relationship & they take your ideas to make the PW line so much better! Glad to see you back! JB Lindstrom

10. alf174

alf174 Member

you didn't discuss the factory selling units cheaper than what their dealers could? i read that it was a major complaint you had and justifiably so. A mfg should never never never make that mistake. If you didn't make a stink about it you missed a huge opportunity and you'll probably get screwed again.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

This is certainly great news for PW and I hope it is good news for Whiz. Now, it is time to find someone else to pick on.

alf174- If a company changes a price and notifies the dealers but was too slow changing the price on the web site, what should the company do when a customer calls and quotes the advertised price on the web site?

I did buy a package of Marigold seeds and they have not germinated as promised by the supplier. Anyone interested in the name of the company that packaged the seeds or the retail store where I bought the seeds? We could have more great fun criticizing yet another company.

Pat Ireland

12. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I'm glad the factory was willing to work something out with you, Jim. I hope the new deal benefits both of you.

"If a company changes a price and notifies the dealers but was too slow changing the price on the web site, what should the company do when a customer calls and quotes the advertised price on the web site?"

Better yet...what should the customer do when he places an order from the seller's web site for a quart of something and receives a pint instead? A call to the seller brings the excuse,

"I can't afford to sell a quart to you for that price anymore but I haven't gotten around to changing the web site. If you can't live with that, send it back [at your expense] and I'll refund your money."

It happened a couple years ago, to me, with a choke cleaner product. The web site was changed within 24 hrs. of my phone call.

Morgan

13. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Good news, glad you patched things up.

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Whiz, with all that input they (PW) should put you on the payroll as a consultant! Good luck.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

15. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

GREAT NEWS!!! Now I can tear up my for sale signs!!!

16. alf174

alf174 Member

Pat, the mfg should take care not allowing that to happen. Period. Price increases should be well documented and a date set for when they go in effect. Lots of other mfgs do it as SOP.

17. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Whiz, Good to read that things have improved. You are the go to man for my P/W.
    Dave

18. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Whiz,

That is great news. You just got my press purring along, so selling it was kind of a painful thought. Hopefully P/W will listen to your ideas and suggestions. They will have a much better product if they do.

Anyone who thinks you started this thread just to dirt bag P/W has never dealt with you. Too many threads do get started just to bad mouth a certain product or vendor. Nothing could be further from the truth in this case.

19. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

DYNAPRO (Tom) - you are clueless, inflamatory, have no dog in this fight (no fight really), and a pot sturrer.

There was no "settlement". What was there to "settle?" Hell, that would have been great; a chance to make some money. Actually, Dick even offered to make up for the lost sale, but that was no big deal... to me it was the principle, not the money... as I've stated umpteen times, there is NO big bucks selling these - it's the fraternity thing.

Clean up your language.

Everything happened as stated. All is fact.

Careful.

ALF: They did not intentionally sell under my dealer pricing. It was an issue with the advertised prices on their website. Their webmaster had not changed the pricing, after they mailed out dealer pricing.

I can understand a customer calling to order at the web price and since P/W did not get the changes done as quickly as they would have liked, they understood where the caller was coming from and sold it to him at that price. That was fair to the customer. They didn't intentionally try to circumvent me from a sale. P/W just didn't realize the snafu, but have corrected it now. I accepted that explanation from Dick.

WW

20. locdoc

locdoc Member

Pat Ireland's response to alf174 is spot on.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.