1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rem/win shell rebates: certified or insured mail?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

i have $200 tied up in two rebates for ammo. both require the original receipt and the actual bar codes off each of the boxes. if one of those letters were to wind up getting lost in the mail, i'd be out $100! what's the best way to mail them which will cover their values? i'm thinking insured. thanks

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I mailed three of them first class with a USPS "proof of mailing" which costs an extra $1.15. I also keep a photocopy of everything including the exterior of the envelope.

If a rebate request gets lost, I can prove it was mailed in a timely manner to the correct address and duplicate the contents if necessary.

sissy

3. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Certificate of Mailing $1.15

or

Certified w/Electronic Return Receipt $4.44 for one ounce

I'd suggest Certified Mail and make copies of all bar codes and the rebate form.

4. boba7449

boba7449 Member

winchester will accept bar code off of case as opposed to doing each box

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Have yet to get mine from Rem which was mailed sometime in June. I did just one case as a test. I'm not on their website and don't know what happened. Makes me think of that Russian guy on the commercial for frequent flyer miles, "This is Peggie..."

What a hoot!

Good ideas here.

6. SBray

SBray Active Member

I recently did as postmastertim suggested and got my rebate back from Winchester in less than a month. I included a copy of the original bar codes. To me, this lets the company know that I have proof that I sent all of it in and, after signing for the letter, it would be a hard sell to suggest that I did not comply with every condition required.

JMHO,

Steve

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Got my rebate back from Winchester yesterday took a little over 3 weeks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.