1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem tgt 12s for all loads?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RWA, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWA

RWA TS Member

The TGT-12S is mainly for 1oz. std target loads containing 17-18 gr.of Red Dot /Clays etc. It is used in the nitro 27 for 1 1/8th because the base of the wad is slightly higher than the fig 8 wad. The Nitro 27 uses a much denser powder, Tightgroup -18.5 gr, ( I use a PW J-1 bushing with Red Dot, which drops approx 17.6 gr, the same bushing with Tightgroup would drop around 30 gr or so. I had to modify a C bushing to drop 18.5 ) which if used with a fig 8 wads would yield a concave crimp since the wad isn't up as high in the hull. The opposite is true with the 7/8th oz loads, which calls for 21 gr or so of Red Dot. I load all three of these with the TGT-12S and they work well. Hope this makes sense. Bob

2. kolar12

kolar12 Member

The only problem with this is, they now cost $86.95 per case.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If the cost bothers you, after you finnish shooting pick them up and use them again. HMB

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Washing doesn't hurt. It is important to get the wads before the sunlight has a chance to make the plastic brittle. It is easy to check. Take a wad petal and bend it, if it doesn't break off, you're good to go. HMB

5. kolar12

kolar12 Member

So who is cheap, you or me?

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Nobody called you cheap. You can shoot factory shells or reload once fired empties. You can do the same with wads, buy new ones or pick up once fired ones and reload them. They are both made of plastic and can be used more than once. HMB

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Claybuster now makes a tgt clone. I have not bought any as of yet because I still have two or three bags of the real deal but as soon as they are gone, it's claybusters for me. John

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

bcnu, You better try some first. The C.B. are not stiched and the wad cup is shorter. I bought a case and when they are gone its back to the old Rem. wads I have used and had no problems with 1 or 1 1/8 since there inception. JP

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Gaycrusher , learn how to eat so you can keep up with the old fat guys!

10. 27hotrod

27hotrod TS Member

TGT wads WILL work for 7/8 , 1 , & 1 1/8 loads. Been there done that.
    17.3gr. Promo and a noble sport primer.

11. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

When I can get TGT12's (sfor stitched) Thats what I load for 1 1 1/16 1 1/8. I load with a PW 2000 and did have to make a little adjustment. I load a range of 700x from an H to a J1. Works great!

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.