Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rem. TGT 12, From Downrange MFG

2K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  ric3677 
#1 ·
Hello Folks,

Just to let you know, we now have a clone / copy of the Remington TGT 12. I should have some photos for the site in a couple of days. And we will be doing the sample packages for this wad by the end of the week.

Stay Tuned..........More new wads are on the way!!

Thanks
Kevin @ 402-463-3415

#3 ·
I think the most important part is the stitching at the top. It holds the petals open so that the wad goes onto the rammer tube easily. If Downrange incorporates the stitching and lowers the price over the Remingtons, I know I'll be ordering 5,000 of them to begin with.

#6 ·
Kevin: you are making my life miserable!!!. It’s now winter and time to restock reloading supplies and you come out with the TGT. I have trained my gun on the Jammer wads and now I must try the TGT. Unfortunately I have no choice but to try them because you told Mike he had to try them. Which only means I must also because you have the most annoying way of being correct with any recommendation you have given Mike or I. Now if you could come out with a lead clone to put in the wads I am sure we would all line up and sing praises to you all day long.

#10 ·
Also the claybusters have small notches on the shot cup also. I do not see these on the Rem tgt12. I really loved the remtgt12. Locally not avalible at this time. I ran a batch of the claybusters. The differences where there. I did not notice the more shallow shot cup. just no stitch and the four notches on the powder cup lip.

#12 ·
Flaring sounds fine, until you put 5000 of them in a box and then ship them. That's why people do things like put wads in pillow cases and put them in the dryer. To re-expand them to fit on the rammer tube.

The stitching is the most important part of the TGT12S wad. For you to go about developing new tooling and not recognize this is mind boggling. There are plenty of other 7/8 and 1 ounce wads on the market. The reason I don't use them is they aren't stitched. Without stitching, you are "just another clone wad"

No stitching, no deal. Sorry.

#15 ·
Hello Folks,

The stitched top is for high speed loaders (OEM style). Where the wads set in a vibratory bowl, this is used to position / align the wad so that they will feed into the machine. In some machines they drop into a tube and then the over powder cup falls into the shot cup on the one below it. Otherwise the lock together or nest.

Thanks
Kevin @ 402-463-3415

#18 ·
I really like the TGT-12s's for my handicap loads.

Absolutely hated the way the Claybuster clones loaded in my reloader (made a loud "cracking" noise on every stroke, and broke a wad finger.)

I'll be anxious to get a sample from Kevin.

#20 ·
Kevin is right about the stitching. It is a pain on some loaders and not needed unless you have a wad feeder issue. It does little to help retain the shape of the wad. I have bags of TGT12S wads that are as badly distorted as any four petal wad can get, stitched or not.

#26 ·
chipking

It's only on the link for a free sample. They don't have info on it like they do for the other wads.

The free sample link has a fill-in table for name and address, etc. and down at the bottom, you have to check a box for which free sample wad you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.