1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem STS hulls reloads with CB1118-12?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Calkidd, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I am sure it has been covered in the past, but I couldn't find it in the search options.

I have Win209 primers, CB1118-12 wads, Green Dot powder. I want to reload some 1250 fps loads, but can not find a grain amount on the Alliant website. Does someone here have any suggestions?

Bryan

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Go to the Alliant reloading page - should be in the 21.5 grain area.

3. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

alliant powder reloading book shows: aa hulls,cb3118 12 wads 20.00 grains gd. win 209 primers @ 1200/ also rem hulls. rem209 primer cb3118 12 wads 21.0 grains gd at 1250, hope this helps...dk

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bryan, when you can't find the exact load with the components you have on hand E-mail or phone the Allant Powder techs and ask them. That's what I would do. Even if someone posts a load here, I would want to verify with the powder company before I loaded any. Good Luck and stay safe. Break-em all. Jeff

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bryan--You'll shoot your eye out..................

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

calkidd check the web address posted above there are quite a few 1250 FPS loads published. However I see none that have the components you are saying you have instead of CB1118-12 they list CB3118-12.

There are two loads for Win 209 primers and they call for Figure 8 or target 12 wads.

Lots of loads for Rem 209 primers but not with the wads you are listing. What else I can tell you isn't much. The loading data for 1250 FPS is in the right hand column on page 14. BTW this is 1 1/8 oz. as you didn't specify different.

Bob Lawless

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I called Bryan this afternoon and gave him some good loads from my Lymans book. He was using 700x before and bought some Green Dot so he just wanted some loads using the same wads as before. He is gonna buy some Fig 8's. Think we got him straightened out now. Well as much as you can a CA kid anyway.--Matt

8. Calkidd

Thanks for the input. The wad designation is what Claybuster calls their WAA12 replacement wad. But I too have seen the CB3118-12 reference in other reloading data too. I wonder if they are one in the same?

Hmmm strange. Claybuster does not list a CB3118 on their website just the <a href="http://www.claybusterwads.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=6" target="_blank">CB1118-12</a>.

Well, I might just buy a bag of Fig8 and load up a few.

9. Pull & Mark

Bryan, Claybuster sure does list that wad of yours. Go To Claybusterwad.com and look it up yourself. Its a CB-3118-12AR a clone of Federals to match the (12C1). This wad is best used in Federal hulls, not a Rem STS hull. Its also the only one to load both l l/8 oz. and l l/4 oz. loads, so its kind of a hunting wad and the least most used of the 3 clones that claybuster makes. Thats why you could not find a listing with this wad. I would recommend using a tapered wad in the tampered type case of a STS hull. You can use the Rem fig. 8 or go with a Win. AA wad as well (or there clones). Both of these are tapered and work well in the tapered cases of both Rem and Win. Good Luck with the new powder and Break-em all. Jeff

10. Calkidd

Jeff there may be some misscommunication here. I have the WAA12 replacement wads from Claybusters. Someone else mentioned the other style, which I don't have.

I have this [​IMG]

Bryan

11. Pull & Mark

Sorry, about that. Its seems I missed the title and saw your thread above mine and put 2 and 2 together wrong. LOL. That wad is listed if go to Claybusters offical website. Not sure what site you were on. Good Luck and Break=em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cb 1118-12 reloading data federal papers
cb01118-12 vs cb1118-12

cb1118-12

cb1118-12 claybusters
cb1118-12 loads

claybuster cb1118 12 reloading data

rem sts & cb1118-12
what hull to uses with cb1118-12