1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem Perless 12 ga. need info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ok, you asked. I had a couple of them and I feel that they are junk. Soft receiver metal, sloppy trigger and safty and will shoot loose quickly if you plan on using it for clay targets, but it's not a bad field gun because that's what it was designed for.

I wouldn't give up any more than $800 for a new one in box and I think that's a stretch.

My opinion.

2. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

When they first came out, I saw the advertisements in Shotgun Sports, which piqued my interest. So I located a gun shop that had one and went to have a look. Actually, I fully intended to buy one.

But the wood to metal fit was poor, the safety didn't operate smoothly, and overall it didn't feel like a well made gun. At all.

So I passed on it. Good thing too, because it wasn't long before the buzz was that the Peerless was, eh, "disappointing". That's being too kind, Remington should be ashamed they ever put that out.

Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.

[EDIT] That had to be 15 years ago, more or less. They sure weren't in production long, either.

3. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

What Tron said......except do not pay more than $300.00 for one NIB!!! And only if you need a rainy day trunk gun!

4. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

If you want a hunting gun and a gun for limited targets. The Perless will work fine. It is not a 2 or 3 thousand dollar gun. But I don't think you will find many o/u guns for under a grand that will be a lot better. Remingtons seam to point well for a lot of people. I have a Perless action fitted with 396 barrels. I like it for hunting the trigger is the part of the gun that I find not to my liking. It has a long travel and not real smooth. Put I am comparing it to my Perazzi trigger and that trigger is about the same in cost as the Perless gun in total so you can expect that. If you can try it go for it and see how it will work for you. It is your gun and your satisfaction is what is important not s group of posters with more to spend maybe. If you got 2 to 5 grand look at something else if you want to be under a grand give it a look. Tom

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

New in the box guns bring easily $1000 on GB. I watch them all the time. I bought one new in 1997 and hunted with it for several years. Still have it and they are not junk. I see nothing wrong with them ( or at least not the one I have) The wood is a nice high sheen, the blue is a high polish bright blue and eveything fits nicely. It is the best phesant gun I own. I think tron is about right in what you should pay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rem perless