1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem Monte Carlo - same as Deer Combo stock ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluskyshooter, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Hi,
    New trap shooter (just 100 birds so far) ... looking to put a Monte Carlo stock on my Rem 11-87 field gun. Searching the net, I found some MC stocks and also found some stocks that were referred to as Deer Combo. They look the same - are they ? Note: trying to raise the POI of my gun ... as it currently shoots flat.
    Thanks, Brian

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Check Ebay.
    You might find quite a few...

Kevin

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If they're not the same, they're pretty close. I used an 1100 slug gun stock for my daughter's trap gun.

4. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I would suggest a Jack West stock set. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The deer slug monte carlo stocks are very close in dimensions to the trap monte carlo stock. Length of pull is a fraction of an inch shorter than the trap stock. Because they're half the price of the trap stock, I've used them for budget conversions. Note that there are two versions in the Remington parts list... an 1100 version which is made from birch or beech, and the 1187 version made from very plain walnut.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I wanted to raise the POI of my 1100 synthetic field gun and make it a little more concealable in case I want to take it turkey hunting. I bought a factory 11-87 Monte Carlo stock and forend in camo from the Remington Country Store closeout listing. The camos are different - one is in Mossy Oak Breakup and the other is in New Breakup - but you have to know they are different to notice it and at something like $70 for the pair, I'm not worried about that.

The stock has the same profile as the Monte Carlo stocks on our 870 and 1100 trap guns. The forend was for a light contour barrel, so I had to open it .038" but that only took a few minutes.

Ed

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

A deer combo monte carlo stock is a a shade higher than a trap monte carlo stock. the only other difference that I have seen is the pistol grip is a shade thinner and cut back to allow for a gloved hand.
    Steve Balistreri

8. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

I put a MC stock on my 30 year old Wingmasterr to use as a backup trap gun. The stock is a rifle stock with a sling eye on it. Fit the gun fine except the original bolt holding the stock to the reciever was short so I used a threaded rod with washer, lock washer, and nut, has worked fine for 5 years now.

9. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi,
    You might get on Brownells website and check out the "Speed Feed" synthetics. They are affordable and go right on. I did have to make some spacers to lengthen the pull. Mine works fine, and will plug the sling hole with a piece of brass or something in time. Good luck. Ran about 120.00 for the set.
    -best fishes, -powderburn

10. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Thanks for the help everyone. Sounds like the stock is "close enough" ... and at the $$ savings .... I think I will go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.