1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem Mod 32 5 (yes 5) bbl set

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Skeets, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeets

Skeets TS Member

A good friend has recently obtained what he describes as a Rem Mod 32, 5 bbl set, it includes 12, 20, 28, 410 and a bbbl which he was told is for a custom bbl which has not been bored-he describes the set as being in 99% original condition, anyone have any insight as to what he may have and any ball park of value?

Thanks,
    Charlie Mahar

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

99% condition? That's like the box was just opened. Not to be a stickler here, but 99% would be practically impossible.

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Jaqua had a 32 Skeet all barrel set a lot of years ago and I think he had it priced in the high 4000 range.

However, as Joe said, 99% would almost be unheard of, but if true and factory barrels, its worth a lot to the right person.

Regards.....Gerald

4. Skeets

Skeets TS Member

Thanks for the feedback, my friend tells me this set is not just four bbls, but five, he was also told by the owner that there were fewer than 500 of these sets made, may be true or not, thus the reason for the post.

He was told the set has been stored, unused, since it was purchased supposedly in the 1940's, he came into possession as payment for professional services. He is an avid shooter and is basing his assessment as to the condition as described in the Blue Book-which, incidentally, does not list this configuration of a Mod 32 set.

What my friend tells me is not subject to speculation, but what he was told is open to scruitny.

Appreciate any feedback.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If I recall correctly there is a big value difference in whether the sub-guage barrels were built by Remington or Simmons. Either way it would be a nice gun to have.

I agree with Tron, damn did I just say that, as 99% would be NIB and never assembled.

ss

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I bought and then cosigned a Remington model 32 skeet with 26" bbls about two years ago. I paid $1,500 and then cosigned it for $1,695. I was lucky to walk in the day it was brought in at Jaquas Fine Guns and it sold in 2 days when I sold it. It was in about 85% condition with an added recoil pad and the comb was shaved a little. I know this is not a direct match to your gun, but it should help to determine what your friend has. I love the Remington 32 and I have not seen many for sale. They only made about 5,000 of them. To have one that is like new, could be a one of a kind shotgun. Most were target guns and you know how we target shooters like to cut, add, change the gun to break more targets. I have only seen a few that were all original. I would call Jaquas, they could give you an estimate.
    Doug Allison

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there were never any factory 4 barrel Rem 32 sets made. 4 barrel sets weren't even a thought until long after the rem 32 had stopped being manufactured.

8. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Skeet man is right. They were made up with Simmons barrels!

9. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had and sold a NIB 12 gauge 32TC. I bought it, complete with the original box about ten years ago and had lots of offers for it but didn't sell it till last year, when I got an offer that I could not refuse from a person who did not want to be identified. Like me, he had several but really wanted that one.

Ed Yanchok

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Hollywood gunshop also made many of the 4 barrel skeet sets. the man really needs to take the barrels and inspect them and find out which maker did the barrels. My money is on Hollywood or simmons. Jeff

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wait

There could have been 4 barrel or 5 barrel sets- factory ordered but not in the subgauges - could have been any of the 12 gauge configurations

There even might have been some subgauge barrels made by the factor for special order but there would be documentation on that- again as I will mention- no particular collectors value- check back in 100 years

I own what I think is the absolute fanciest one ever made for a Remington executive- and then I had it K80

These guns really do not have collectors value- they have utility value only

Will that change in the future? Maybe 100 years from now

The value between now and the next 10 years could go down, probably will go down unless again it is a highly engraved one and you are valuing the engraving.

So dont listen to those that say hang on- if it ended up selling at an estate it could easily go for under 1000

I have seen them go at a national aution for 200 dollars- all with 32 inch barrels and each did have something wrong- commonly the trigger or safety but still

12. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

More than a few four barrel sets were constructed by Larry Del Grego and Son. They are quite nice, but not factory. I don't know about the Hollywood Gun Shop four barrel sets. They may have been marketed through Kerr's Sporting Goods. Alex Kerr did market such an animal, but no clue in his ads who was actually making them.

13. magic

magic Member

Gene I would love to see your engraved Rem 32....I have a nicely engraved one as well....

JASON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.