1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem Gun Clubs###############

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lightning20ga, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

NOWAY ck ur reloader i use a mec

2. open choke

open choke TS Member

This shouldn't be happening.

Powered reloader? That's gotta be some force to rip that off. Forget a gun club hull; I don't hear of this with any hull

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Just had a factory gun club do this last week (new, out of the box) when shooting a 1100.

Still have the steel portion as I picked it up and threw it in my shell bag.

4. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

I've had this happen to about two of the thousands I've reloaded.

Pat

5. Push

Push TS Member

I have loaded Thousands of Gun Club hulls and never had such a problem. I can get more reloads from a GC than any other hull.

Dick Worland

6. revbook

revbook Member

Never happened to me and all I load are Gun Clubs.

Don in PA

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

8. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

I've reloaded a ton of GCs on a MEC 9000 and have never seen that.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

At what station in the loading cycle is this happening?

Keller

10. brownk80

brownk80 Member

It happens once in a while with every shell. I have had it happen with Gold Medals, the old AA's, Remington STS, Nitro's and Clubs. It shouldn't happen often and sometimes they are new, sometimes they have been reloaded several times. I use a Spolar hydraulic, but it has happened with my MEC's and with my PW's. Just pay attention and don't worry about it.

11. Alligator

Alligator TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have had this happen once on my PW 800 plus. The head came off in the deprime/prime station and the case stuck on the primer knockout punch when I raised the handle. I have had periodic trouble with primers seating correctly at this station on Gun Club emptys and am beginning to think it is something to do with the bond between the unibody being unsymetrical with the steel head so the primer pocket is not in true alighnment with the seating punch. The primer will start in but not seat to correct full depth and the press has so much leverage it will push up the case head ruining that case and primer. It happens about 5 times in maybe 200 loads and always on once fired emptys. I have learned to accept about a 2% or less failure rate in getting good loads on any progressive. Have a great day! Lee.

12. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Guess that means I can stop collecting once-fired GC empties!

Keller

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Have had that happen with paper hulls in my Pacific (Hornady) but not with any plastics, a buddy has had several AAs (new style) pull off like that in his SBT Parazzi,(sp?) but he can look down the bbl after each shot. Ross

14. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

This happened last Wednesday night to a fellow shooter at out league shoot. New, never reloaded, factory shell shot in a Model 12 Winchester.

oldremfan_2009_040968.jpg

15. tom90T

tom90T Member

I have never had this happen to my reloads and I have been reloading Gun Clubs for several years. However I do resize them prior to reloading.
    tom90T

16. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

You have a PM Jerry.

17. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

I like reloading the GC's. Havent had a problem like that yet.

18. C-Money

C-Money Member

I have had a few separate like the above picture as well. I had had a few GC hulls and STS hulls do this. I check every hull before it is reloaded.

19. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Well, I have never had a Gunclub, Nitro, STS, or AA pull from the base. We discussed this today at the gun club. No one else has had this problem either (we are talking about 7 guys who reload 15K rounds each per year).

One member posited this... Perhaps if a gun's chamber is slightly oversized, then the brass or metal base can over expand, leading to the separation. Those of you who are having this separation may want to check that. If the brass / metal base after firing is standing proud of the plastic hull, this could be a tell-tale sign.

Another possibility is that the resizing station is perhaps not doing a good job? Like on the previous reload prior to the failure?

20. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I'm repeating my posting for those thinking its just a reloading problem....

Just had a factory gun club do this last week (new, out of the box) when shooting a 1100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.