1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem Fig8 Tgt12 Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkfin, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkfin

blkfin Member

Hi, I have been reloading Rem figure 8 wads in STS hulls with 20 grns Green dot and 1-1/8 shot. A shooter (getting out of reloading)gave me quite a few tgt 12 wads. The bag says for 1 and 1-1/8 loads. I can,t find any data for the components I,m using. Tried them in the press and load the same as fig8s Do you think it,s ok for pressure? Looks like the only difference is the size of the shot cup. Would like to reload some in this cold weather we are having and Alliant and Rem are closed till Mon. Thanks Mike K.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

They are interchangeable. If the load fits it is safe!!

3. blkfin

blkfin Member

Oleolliedawg, Thanks for the reply that is what I thought,just trying to be cautious Thanks Mike K.

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

blkfin: TGTs are a little longer O.A. if you are using a bulky powder they may be a better choice for 1oz. loads, otherwise if everything fits & crimps are good (& solid) they are interchangeable with Fig.8s, as stated above Rem. did use them in the Nitro 27s maybe still do, I haven't cut 1 open lately. Ross Puls

5. FLIP

FLIP Member

shot cup size is the same, TGT is longer if it fits use it, greendot may be too bulky, i use it with titegroup great wad!

6. dhip

dhip Active Member

It's what I use with green dot,either 1 0r 1 1/8 loads.

doug h.

7. blkfin

blkfin Member

Thanks guys, Reloaded some today and shot in the cold of N.J. Scores were not to bad considerindg the temp and clothing involved. Thanks for the Help. Mike K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

replace fig8 with tgt12