1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem fig 8 defects (update)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dougbbbb, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anyone getting wads that look like this. Averaging about 30-50 a bag. Wads were bought on the East coast..

Doug

dougbbbb_2010_1606171.jpg

2. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Are they remington wads or clones? Either way a call/email with picture to the manufacturer is in order.

Let us know what you hear back,

Doug

3. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

downrange wads are the best! try them!

4. C-Money

C-Money Member

I use Remington Fig 8s, never seen any like that! Like already said, send a pic and a e-mail to Remington. Let us know if you get a responce from them.

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Doug , looks like you got a bad batch .These may have gotten thru quality control . Yes it`s worth a call to Remington . They may make some allowances toward another case ?? They do look cute !!!!

6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Cool looking defects. If you're getting that many in the bunch then a call to the manufacturer is surely in order.

7. TC

TC TS Member

Those are "short shots" as they are called in manufacturing. The mold did not receive a full charge of plastic when injected. Call the manufacturer and provide the lot number to customer service or quality. I have had problems with over-filled AA's on occasion.

8. RemingtonReloader

RemingtonReloader TS Member

Oh... That ain't normal. Call em. -Aaron Schneider

9. patrick Swartz

patrick Swartz Member

TC is absolutely correct. This condition is usually caused by a worn out feed screw or barrel not putting enough pressure on the shot to fill all the cavities. I've never seen one of these wad molds,but they are probably 120 cavity molds (minimum). This condition can be overcome(worn screw or barrel) by setting in more feed time for the mold to fill. A good operator would catch this the first time the mold didn't fill correctly and start increasing the feed time to make a good part with out putting the machine out of service untill shift change time.

Patrick Swartz

10. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I've had tons of Claybusters like those, and even 2 Downrange, but out of several cases of Downrange, I guess that's not too bad. Please contact the manufacturer, and let us know their response.

11. Dougbbbb

Ok. Just got off the phone with the ammo plant. First off, the women who I spoke to could not of been more helpful. She explained how the wads come from an outside vendor and was very sorry for the inconvenience i encountered. She is sending out a pre-paid label to ship back some of the defective wads for them to look at. She also said that I will be compensated in some way. I was pleasantly surprised how it was handled.

I will update once I hear back again..

Doug

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

A very legitimate complaint and I`m glad to hear that they will compensate you which I said they should or will . Had a similar complaint with Winchester primers years ago and they only gave a $5 rebate for each sleeve ?? Lost a State Shoot because of them and is why I no longer use Winchesters .

13. Dougbbbb

Ok
    They said the mold cavity was plugged and are sending a 50 dollar check.

Doug

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've always had good experiences with Remington ammo/componet customer service. Had a couple of boxes worth of dud new shells from a 3 week shooting frenzy years ago. They asked me to ship them in, and in return gave me a voucher for a flat of STS's. They had a batch of bad shells make it through QC and I was the lucky shooter that got them. Never caused any lost targets so I was happy.

ss

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

On the line of short shucker above, one year at the Grand I was shooting factory loaded Remington STS shells. Had a bulged shell so bad it wouldn't come close to chambering in the gun. I stuck it in my pocket and pulled and extra and finished the round. The next day while browsing the showrooms I stopped in Remington's showroom and showed the fella working that shell. I really wasn't looking for anything in return, I was just making conversation. He had me fill out a quick customer service survey and handed me two new boxes of STS shells. I was tickled to death. He did keep the shell however. It's a shame they couldn't get their rebate program to work that well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.