1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem. Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powderburn, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi All,
    I just noticed that my "stock" plain ole full choke that came with my 11-87 is tighter than a Rem. Trap Full choke I bought on a clearance a few years back. The gauge of the metal is noticably thicker on the "full" than the thickness of the "Trap Full". Anyone else noticed this? I don't know if it is sloppiness on Remington's part in manufacturing, or what......Seems to me the "Trap Full" should be the tighter one. There is a very noticable difference on the trap field too. I got a hold of a handful of targets from the 25 yd. line the other night with the "Full" in, and those targets were powdered puffed. I never hit a target that hard with the "Trap Full" in. This is just a curiosity that I noticed....
    -powderburn

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Remington chokes that are marked "Trap Full" are specifically for their old style (pre-2000) overbored step rib trap barrels, not their regular barrels. It is a full choke value in relation to that particular trap bore (.745). In terms of ID, the Trap full choke is the same dimension as a regular Remington Skeet choke (.732). Likewise, the Trap Extra full and Trap Super Full are equal to the regular Modified (.709) and Full (.690)

3. powderburn

powderburn Member

Thanks for the insights Bob! I bought my 11-87 in '92 or '93. It makes more sense now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.