1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rem choke tubes???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

I just bought a like new 870 classic trap. It came with rem chokes labeled singles .027 mid handixap.035 and long handicap .041. I have not shot it yet but it seems that these are way over chojed. I thought that .027 would be very close to a full choke and .035 would be a bit more than full. And the . 041 is way more than full. Anyone had any experience with these chokes?
    Thanks
    Mike t

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I could be wrong and stand welcome to be corrected but I believe they have those constrictions because the target barrels are back bored with lengthened forcing cones where field barrels are not. Field barrels using the standard Rem-Chokes and Target models using the provided Rem-Choke Target tubes. This is what lead to believe. I have a gun similar to yours but have not shot it in years.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The guns with those chokes have a standard bore and those are actual constrictions. I shoot an 1100 and use some of those chokes. Trap and especially handicap trap is a "Full and Fuller" game. If you want to use something more open, you can use any normal Remchoke choke in your gun. An IC and Mod Remchoke would fill out your collection nicely. Mark

Trap (New Style)

Long Handicap (Lead Only) 0.727 0.686 0.041

Mid Handicap (Lead Only) 0.727 0.693 0.034

Singles (Lead Only) 0.727 0.700 0.027

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
choke tube long handicap
rem choke singles
rem choke thread drawings

remington singles choke

singles choke