1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? Rem choke tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

the Pro Bore chokes of the 1100 comp have the threads at the muzzle end of the choke, the rem-chokes have the threads at the back of the choke.

2. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

Ian is correct on the Pro Bore chokes, but if I am not mistaken there was a certain period of time in the early 90's when Remington produced some overbored barrels that took the regular Remchokes except that they were marked with the constriction based on the overbored barrel. If I am not mistaken the actual barrels began to taper prior to the choke making them something like .015 or maybe more smaller entering into the choke. That meant that a regular IC Remchoke was actually a full choke in one of these barrels. I think this was done for some of the 870TC's and 11-87's made during that time. I know this because a guy I knew used to have a trap 11-87 that he used an extended IC choke in and he explained that it was actually a full choke in his gun for that reason.

Hopefully one of the Remington guru's around here can give you the complete story.

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

benniesdad is correct, my 870TC is overbored and barrel will accept standard choke tubes. The tubes intended for use in these overbored barrels are marked 'Trap Full', 'Trap Extra Full', and 'Trap Super Full'. I once tried to find a chokoe that would be the equivilent of a modified, for shooting singles, and as noted above, the standard IC choke tube had approximately the same constriction as the 'Trap Full'. I don't recall the exact numbers, this was probably 15 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.