1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem. 870 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FIB, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I have the opportunity to buy an older LH Rem.870 Wingmaster. I've noticed that on the older 870's the shell carrier is chromed. When did Remington quit doing this?

2. ismah

ismah Member

FIB, The shell carrier may not be chromed. My Wingmasters carrier got real scratched up so I rubbed it out with some jewelery polish. It came out like a mirror. Chances are someone did the same to the one you're looking at.

3. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Both of my carriers are chromed and are mid 70's Magnum guns. I thought they all where.

4. FIB

FIB Member

Hi guys, I have several 870's and 870's made somettime after '75 have a blued shell carrier not a chromed one.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Maybe the lifter has been changed or the complete trigger assembly,if I remember correctly they were chromed in the earlier mods. of Wingmasters. When they started making other versions they went to blued ones. Mine are chrome. Ross Puls

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

FIB, I have a Rem. 870 TB Trap Wingmaster that I got second hand and had Rem. check the numbers on to find out date made and it is a 1984 gun. It has the chrome carrier bolt. I don't know when they changed from chrome to blued. Breake-m all. Jeff

7. shrek

shrek Active Member

your 84 vintage gun may have an older trigger assembly in it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.