1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 870 "Mod Trap" choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Em, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Rem 870

Hello,

I have an 870 TB with nice wood and a 29 1/2 inch barrel marked "mod trap".

I never measured it but assume it is Improved Modified; is it?

I am writing to ask if these choke markings are common b/c I hadn't seen one before this.

were they any good?

regards bruce

ps fixed typos

2. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Rem 870

My brother has an 870 TC he bought waaaay back and it is "modified trap", I picked up one last year which looks to be the same vintage and I measured it out at about .018-.020" but it breaks birds from 16-20 almost as well as my 870 full trap barrel. Both are 30", the mod and full. I like to use mine with a nice quick load of 8s or 7 1/2s from anywhere to the 20 or 22 yard line. (I think I paid about $100 on Gunbroker plus shipping).

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Rem 870

I bought a 30" 870 barrel marked "Mod Trap" off eBay a couple of years ago...paid about $170 as it was actually "New In Box" and the box indicated it was for an 870 TB. Breaks targets just great from 16 back to 24 (haven't tried further back), but have not measured the choke constriction. Glad you posted this thread so I can see other comments. Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mod trap choke

rem 870 mods for trap

rem 870 trap mods

rem mod choke thread