1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REM 870 EXPRESS/ WINGMASTER

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nsrailroad, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

WHAT ARE THE BASIC DIFFERENCE IN THE EARLY MODEL 870 EXPRESS VS WING MASTER FAIRLY OLD GUN WITH VENT RIB AND SCREW IN CHOKES??
    TNX
    RAILROAD

2. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

THIS IS A 12ga about 25 years old.

3. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Wingmaster--closer tolerances, smoother operation, more pride of workmanship, better looks.
    Express--none of the above. Made for the "mart" market.
    Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

4. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Picked up gun, not what I thought first but, new in box (1997 barrel code date )12ga 2-3/4 & 3" magnum 28" vent barrel screw in chokes, very good deal. Now I have a 28" barrel for my 870's, though it's black not blued barrel. I will polish the action some after shooting to see what it needs. Had 870's and 1100 since mid 60"s and only 1 burr on 1100 skeet that had to be sent back.I will use the reciever for combat build, and try painting the stocks to see how they do.thanks for the help.
    RAILROAD
    NEAL

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Keep in mind that the Express finish has a tendency to rust if not kept lubed. Some guys I shot tactical with even melted wax into the finish, but I didn't care for this method.<br>
    <br>
    If you're building a defense/tactical gun, Remington makes a smoothbore rifle sighted slug barrel. The sights can be replaced with Trijicon model RE-01 sights, which glow in the dark and have a useful life of about 10 years. They are always on. Cost is around $100 or so. I have them on my 1187 I use for night coyoting.<br>
    <br>
    Synthetic stocks aren't that expensive. Many sporting goods stores carry them for the 870 and the 1100/1187. SpeedFeed makes a buttstock that has four "ready rounds" in it - two on each side. I have that stock on my Mossberg 590.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

870 wingmaster vs 870 express

wing master vs express