1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rem 870 competition with tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dan12ga, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan12ga

dan12ga Member

hi trap shooters,
    have a chance to purchase a remington 870 competition, in excellent condition. it has briley chokes installed in it. i read where this was the best barrel remington made. so my question is: is this gun worth the $575.00 w/chokes? or look around for the unaltered gun? thanks......dan12ga

2. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

One of the reasons those barrels are so good is the choke. The value drops considerably once the barrel has been altered. I can't see why somebody would mess with one of those barrels. It's still a nice gun but I would look for an unaltered one. Mike.

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Keep looking. They are not that hard to find. Jeff

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I agree with Jeff..... They come up pretty often on this site at about that price with no alterations. Keep looking. The 870 Comp has one of the best trap barrels ever made. By putting Briley chokes in it, he now has nothing more than a regular 870 that has slightly less recoil.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

A friend has an 870 trap special that he does very well with. That came with a threaded barrel from Remington. 575 would be an ok price for one of those in good condition. Bill

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Just another barrel now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.