1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem 700 ?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by southjblue, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

With all the hipe on the REM 700---What is a fair price for a Rem 700 carbine
    308 cal?---Thanks---MYSTIC

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

there are so many models - from an ADL with a plastic stock right on up

can you be more specific?

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

A friend asked me to inquire---I'll get back but I think it is just a standard with wood stock and fore-end---Mystic

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I bought a 700 VTR (Varmint Tatical Rifle) in .308 a few years ago and I really like it. It has a 20" heavy weight barrel and an all weather stock. It has two front swivel studs so you can add both a sling and a bi-pod.

It was about $650 as I remember. There are probably less expensive models but I really like the VTR. It shoots about a minute of angle with Remington factory 150 grain PSP Core Lokt's at 100 yds.

If you are looking for a lower priced used 700, there are a lot of 22" bbl BDL models in 30-06 out there. The 30-06 is a great deer cartridge.

I think that most of the .308 700's were the higher priced grade varmint and tactical models.

Ed Ward

5. EE

EE Banned User Banned

0   0   0

Mystic, need more details. Lots of models with wood stocks. A picture would help.

6. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

0   0   0

The Model 700 Carbine is it's own model, they're fairly rare, but they are out there. A guy that used to collect them used to transfer all of them from a store I worked for and I used to do his paperwork. So, I talked to him and used to ask him what he paid for them, and it really varied. He was the president of a bank, and he didn't really care what he paid for them, he used to buy whatever he found in 700 Carbines, he paid anywhere from $350-$700 dollars, the upper end were some that were in pristine condition. He told me some chamberings were more rare than others, but I do not believe the .308 was one of them, I could be wrong, though. I think the 350-600 range is about fair depending on condition, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.