1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rem. 572SB Routledge What's it worth ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SC trapshooter, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

Here's one of the smallest shot guns available a Remington 572 smooth bore with the Routledge counter bore. What is it worth ? Gun is 98%. Saw one listed on Gun Broker for $1200.00 ?????? What do you think ?

2. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

The gun on Gun Broker has been listed for some time with no takers. Over priced in my opinion. I looked at two 572 Routledge bored guns at the last Tulsa show. Both were priced less then $600.00.

I have five Remington 572 smooth bores in my gun collection three of them are Routledge bored. Two of them are unfired in the box with 1962 date codes. What I have found on the Routledge bored guns is the shell loading port is cut for gallery speed load tubes.

Keep in mind there are a few variations of 572 smooth bore guns. Some and very rare had Simmons ventilated ribs.

I have two 572 Routledge bored guns still unfired in the box that feature shell deflectors,gallery speed load loading port,gallery counter tie down loop,left face of receiver marked Auto-Trap-shoot hand stamped serial numbers and consecutive plus stamped USAF. I have pictures posted of these guns on Rim Fire Central at the Remington forum. Search "572 smooth bore auto-trap" if you care to see some of the rarest 572 smooth bores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

572 routledge bore